What I Couldn't See (Liam Payne)

I see it, the black and blue, the bumps, the red.  Everything all at once.  My best friend, Carli fell asleep on my couch while we were having our Disney movie marathon.  We watched Aladdin, and were in the middle of Finding Nemo when I found her asleep.  Her red long sleeves slid up her arms, revealing  scabs, scars, and bruises.  I sat there puzzled, just staring for a minute.

After a few seconds I see her eyes flicker open, and I look away, then back at her smiling.  I pretend as if I hadn't seen them and I turn to the TV.

But, I remember every detail of her bruises, her scabs, her scars.  Is she okay?  She always seemed happy.  There was something she hadn't told me.  I tried not to think about it, avoiding looking at her arms.  I wanted to asked her about them, find out what was wrong, but I couldn't.  It wouldn't be right.

I get distracted by her arms and before I know it, she is getting off of the couch saying "Liam, I have to go."

I stand up with her as she walks out the door.  Mustering up the courage, I start to ask Carli what happened, "Hey Carli," I pause, waiting for her to answer.

"Yeah?," she turns to me with a questioned look.

"I wanted to ask you.. what.. what is... your favorite Disney movie?  So we can watch it next time."

I tried, I really did.  I was going to ask her, I was going to try and help her.  I was going to comfort her, it's what a best friend is supposed to do.  But, I can't comfort her if she doesn't tell me.  I am getting mixed feelings, should I ask her or wait for her to tell me?

Carli's POV

 After I tell Liam my favorite Disney movie, Tangled, I walk out with my palms sweating.  I couldn't tell him, could I?  I mean I shouldn't, or should I?  Liam's my best friend but I've never told anyone this.  I've always tried to hide it. 

I feel like revealing this would mean getting judged, looked down on, anything like that.  It's really hard to tell someone something that you're unsure what they're reaction would be.  Like telling your parents about your new boyfriend, or telling your best friend you crashed her car.

When you ask those questions you trust the person, you are just afraid of their response.

That's what it's like with me and my scars.  My bruises.  My scrapes, cuts, and scratches.  Everyday I come home and I feel as if I've done something wrong.  Everyday I get the words 'worthless', 'ugly', 'no-good' beaten into my head.  Everyday I feel unloved, unwanted, not cared for in my own home.

Usually people come home after school or work to get a break from all the bullying, physically and mentally, but I can't.  It's the opposite for me.  When I go to school I avoid all the physical and mental bullying my dad puts me through.

Going to Liam's house also takes a weight off my shoulders and lets me be myself without worrying about getting judged or doing something wrong.

Hey guys!!!

This is a NEW LIAM PAYNE FANFIC wooo hooo!  It is being posted on my wattpad and on @oops_hi_brits instagram account if you want to read!  So follow and tell us what you think! :)

Have a great day!  God bless :) He loves you and has a reason for everything that you go through or come across :)