Fight For My Heart.

A/N: I wasn't sure what to rate this so it's unrated. I will give you all a warning though. I know there will be language for a fact, since that's just how I naturally write. There may be some other, explicit content. I'll see where this takes me. Hope you enjoy. I really like story idea, so, hope you do too. Feedback would be great. It's a bit short but it's just an intro.

Darren sat at his desk, skimming through the paperwork he had to fill out, piles and piles of it. I couldn't help but grin at him, leaning against the door frame of his home office. He looked like a librarian at this time of day, like he always did. And I loved that about him. He wore glasses only while filling out paperwork, black framed, nerdy ones, that always slid down his nose when he was hard at work. They were halfway down his nose now, and he didn't know I was standing there, watching him.

I had just moved in a few weeks ago, into the foster care of this man. And I fell madly in love with him. I admit that without hesitation, to myself anyway. He is twenty, while I am turning eighteen in three months. Then I'm legally allowed to be out in the world on my own, bur I don't plan on doing that. I only pray I can make him fall in love with me by the end of these three months, and so far, I thought it was working.

Darren was a lawyer. What you'd consider a at home lawyer. He did all his paperwork at home, and had anywhere between four to eight cases a month, so he was home much more than most lawyers today. He only left to shop for groceries and work his cases. He usually had one to two cases a week, some dragged on into the next months, some were resolved. Anytime he had a case, he was gone from when I left for school, and he was already home when I got back.

He rarely had cases on the weekend, but if he did, they were on Saturdays, and that's when I usually hung out with my friends. The rest of the time I did my school work, watched TV, and drooled over him, practically. I didn't dare tell my new friends I was in love with him. They would think I'm insane. I glanced back at Darren, the same place as he was before, reading paperwork and checking off things, writing down numbers, names, and more.

Then I thought about how he might use those glasses more than I thought. Maybe he wore them to cases. Maybe he wore them when he read books he liked. Maybe he wore them while reading the newspaper. If he read the newspaper. He was probably the best built lawyer I had ever seen. He was very athletic. I learned a lot about him in the few weeks I had been here, in his cozy little cottage like house, with chandeliers and 6 bathrooms.

I knew he liked to jog. I knew his favorite food. I knew the color of his eyes, of course. I knew about his future hopes and dreams. I knew about his childhood. But I refused to tell him anything about me besides my name and what he could see from my hair and wardrobe. He hadn't noticed me watching him in his office every afternoon yet because I was very quiet and very shy, to be honest.

I felt like a creepy stalker doing it, but that didn't stop me. I didn't know what it was about him, but I had already fallen hard. I was left speechless when he looked up at me and raised his eyebrows, pushing his glasses back up his nose.

I let out a nervous giggle, crossing my arms in front of my chest and looking down at my feet, one foot perched on the top step, the other on the step below it. His room was the only room on the second floor besides the bathroom down the hall. I cringed, lost for words as he started to look at me suspiciously, his eyes narrowing.

I shrugged, paniicking inside, the fear building up inside of me as I still couldn't seem to utter a single word. I slammed his door, ran down the stairs, and went and sat in the back yard, my arms wrapped around my knees as I rocked back and forth, on the verge of crying hysterically.