Chapter 1

"No! Mum! Dad! Nooo!!!",I screamed. Some strange men dressed in all black with red cross on their chest were fighting with My parents. My Father already fell,while mother was trying her Best to keep fighting. But she was Just a woman,Who could do nothing against four heavily armored monsters. Soon,I saw My mother laying on wooden floor and man running out of the Mansion. "Mum!",I cried and and ran to her corpse. "Sophia...Don't cry My little girlie...Mum and Dad...are going to one happier place. Now take this.",whispered My mom and gave me golden necklace. "Tap this jewel 3 times and it Will show you way to Assassins' brotherhood in Moscow. Tell the Assassins that you are Sophia Lazareva and they Will help you." These were My mother's last words. Few seconds later,she passed away leaving me all alone on this cold world.

Whenever memory like this crossed my mind,I'd feel quite like my guard is down and I needed to change it. I sighed and continued my training. Around me were a lot of enemies. I chuckled and rolled "killing" one enemy from back and hurting other a bit. One of the others ran to me and tried to hit me but I dodged And performed counter attack. I did same to the others until only one left.

Soon when he was on the floor and my sword on his neck,I heard clapping from behind. I Turned around and saw Jean de Silva,also known as Axeman. "Your skills are great Sophia...", he said. "Well thank you!",I answered proudly.

"...But you are fighting for revange. That's not good for you. Soon,you won't be able to think properly as revange will drink Your soul. These guys were imitation of Templars,But what if you have to fight with one of us? ",He added.

His Words were ringing in my mind. Of course I was fighting for revange...But it didn't have to mean That I don't know how to fight when I'm not in combat with enemy. "I know how to fight, Jean. And I'm sure I Will never fight with any of the assassins.",I argued slightly annoyed.

"Wrong. You Will fight with me. Now!",he said and got his fists ready for fight. I wondered why didn't he use axe,But in the end it wasn't my problem so I unsheathed my Sword. I tried to hit him,But he blocked and punched me in face. I got mad and tried couple more times. Everytime it was the same.

My blood started to boil. Even though he was one of my friends,I couldn't let him win. I slided down,grabbing some dust which I threw into his eyes. While he was stunned,I punched him in stomach few times. He fell Down and I sat ontop of him. "You see,I know how to fight.",I showed off.

Suddenly,he shook his head and in a seconds,he switched us so now he was on me. I moaned and protested:"It's not fair,I won." He Just chuckled and got up from me. Soon, he gave me hand to get up,but I refused and jumped back on my feet. "Now you see Sophia,while you were mad at me,you fought and won as you said. But as soon as you calmed down,you let Your guard down and It was easy for me to change things. You have much to learn,but before anything learn to fight without anger. Only then you Will be ready to make some progress.", he said firmly and walked to the door of Training room.

I ran after him,then blocked his way not letting him leave. "Axeman,how do you know so much? You aren't assassin much longer than me,but still you know a lot of things that I do not.",was my question. "You don't know what I lived through before being an assassin. Life thought me those things. And I want you to learn them too.",he said chuckling,then gently moved me from his way.

"Wait!",I shouted,"Would you...Would you like to be my mentor?" Jean winced slightly on my question,then Turned around and nodded. "Of course,but you need to promise me that you Will always listen to me."

"I promise..."

~❤~

Few days later,trainings with my New Mentor had started. He was right,I had really a lot to learn. But for good reason,He put the accent on my mental skills.