Chapter 1

There are many different types of relationships. There are the ones between parent(s) and child, two or more friends and also between a boy and a girl. In all types there are times when we as humans get really close with the people we have relationships with, so close that you both share deep secrets. I once had someone whom I was so close to it was like he knew me better than I knew myself. He was my right hand when my left hand abandoned me. We were never kept secrets from each other. At least I think we didn't.
His name is Austin, my ex-best friend. We knew each other for years. So long that some people thought we were dating, but it wasn't so. I thought I knew him as good as he knew me but I was wrong. It's true when they say you don't know someone until you've seen them through good and bad. I only knew him of being good. I walked down the street feeling depressed, angry and confused. I asked myself the same question over and over again; where did I go wrong?
We shared everythinh. I thought we were the best of friends, partically like brother and sister. He was always kind, considerate, understanding and helpful to everyone. He open doors, pulls out chairss for females, bids the time of the day, he was a real gentleman. It seemed perfect. Atleast I thought it was. Why didn't I see that something was not right? I should have seen that it was all just a pretence of what was really occurring in his little world.
He was a professional at making a front for not only me but everyone else. Seriously, who would have thought that such a guy could be so close to hurting anyone or even the tiniest fly? Walking down the street made me feel rather small. I could hear the murmur of the people. Everyone was talking about it. All I wanted to do was to run far, far away and hide in the deepest hole. It was all too excruciating! The person they had been talking about is not my friend! He's not the person I've known all my life! It just couldn't be. What could have made him do it? He said he didn't mean it.