Chapter 1• The Ball

"Good Morning Ma'am, your breakfast is served." Aunt Colette greeted, I smiled while she curtly bow down and then back up.

Mm, breakfast in bed, "Aunt Colette, how many times do I have to tell you, that call me Carolina instead." she genuinely smiled at me, "My apologies Ms. Bennett- I mean, Carolina." she stuttered.

"It's just that, you're a royalty and Master Bennett wants me to respect you." she explained, I sighed. There goes my father again, he always treated me like a princess and I hated it. It's like I can never leave my nest, I'm 18 now and I need to be on my own making my own decisions.

I put the silver platter beside me, "Aunt Colette, what's the date today?" I politely asked her, she looks behind her for a moment and turned back to face me, "It's the 13th of November, 1840." she answered, I nodded my head as I understand of what she said.

I sat up from my bed, straightened my night gown, I walked off to my dresser and looked at myself. Luckily, I used a good hair treatment for me. I picked up the golden comb from the drawer underneath the dresser. I brushed and brushed and brushed my hair until its fine looking for me.

"Aunt Colette, what kind of gown should I wear today?" I asked her, as I look at her from the mirror.

She searched through my closet of clothes, then she picked out a pink and white gown with raffles at the end of the skirt. The top one is very fitting, then it has long sleeves that only reaches to my forearm, and then there's a little ribbon on the top, upper chest if I must say.

She comes closer to me and I studied the gown, "Since its sunny today Carolina, I want you to look fresh in the morning afternoon!" she happily exclaimed while twirling around the room as she holds the gown right in front of her.

I giggled, "Okay, thank you for helping me Aunt Colette." she smiles, "My pleasure Carolina, now let's do something with your hair and get you dressed." she points, and I just shook my head in amusement.

"Now, go get a nice bath in the bath tub and meet me at the garden, Master Bennett wants a word with you." she informed, I nodded my head in response, she waves me a good bye and I quickly got into the bathroom.

~

Now, I'm all dressed up, my hair is on a ponytail and since I have a naturally curly hair, it made the ponytail even more pretty.

I took my hat from the dresser, which its a very cute little hat that has a small ribbon on the side and I put it on while it's like leaning onto the side of my head.

I grab my umbrella, because it's sunny today and I'm going outside. I got out of my bedroom and walked outside of the house and to my mother's beautiful garden.

I walked into the gazebo, where the tea time is set up. "Good afternoon father and mother." I poshly said, as I sat down on my chair and curtly nod at them.

"Good afternoon to you too, Carolina. Seems like you're not in a good mood today. Is there something wrong, do you want something?" my father kept going on and on, "No, father. I'm just... bored. Everyday, I would always do my daily routine, wake-up, look perfect, act like a princess or royalty, behave, be like mother, study about the history of Europe, meet some royal family and I'm always stuck in here. Father, I'm 18 shouldn't I be the one who's making decisions of my life, of my own? I just want to feel something new or discover something new. My life is bogus, I know this is inappropriate thing for me to say, but I want to have a life." I finished my speech, father just looked at me with his eyes squint and my mother just proudly smiled at me.

"Well, if you say so. I accept your needs but I just want to make you happy Carolina, you know you're my only daughter, I just don't want you to get hurt, out there in the cold world."