The lost girl's wish

My name is Sofia and I live in a quiet little town called Wintergale. Everyone knew everyone here and it was boring… but then an outsider came. A family moved in to the mansion at the center of town and it was the topic of talk for many weeks, everyone was curious who they were and everyone wanted to get to know them but sadly the Dimitri family remained a mystery from the people. I was 14 and curious so one day on the summer of 2013, I sneaked to the garden of the mansion only to be caught by the Dimitri twins. They were the same age as me but something about them was different.

“Excuse me, are you lost?” said the girl with curly blonde hair. I kept staring at her beautiful green eyes but then the boy that looked exactly like her spoke.

“You shouldn’t be here, go away or we’ll call the police”.

I stuttered a lot but I finally managed to say something.

“I-I’m Sofia. Sofia Weaver. I’m sorry so please don’t tell anyone!” As I finished speaking, both of them stared at me and laughed. It was mesmerizing to watch, they looked perfect like porcelain dolls.

“It’s nice to meet you Sofia, my name is Andrew Dimitri. I was just kidding about the police but you really should leave.”

The girl glared at Andrew and said “Cut it out Andrew! Its so boring here, maybe she can play with us.” She took my hand and introduced herself “I’m Andrea the fun side of him, if we didn’t look alike we’re completely opposites”.

Every day the three of us would secretly meet up in their greenhouse full of red roses to play or just watch the sunset and wish on the first star. Everything in my life was perfect; we went to the same school and joined the same club. The three of us were inseparable but it all changed as the years passed. I was popular in high school but the twins didn’t like too much attention so they drifted away from me. It made me sad but somehow I was happy because everyone knew my name and people do things for me.

I kept telling myself I didn’t need them at all and maybe someday I can completely forget them but I still felt pain because Andrea was my best friend while Andrew was someone special in my heart. He never knew my feelings because I was afraid that he will stay away from me, I was contented that he treats me as a friend and I don’t want that to disappear. I think the real reason I want to be apart from them is because I want to forget my feelings but after a few months of being separated, I’ve had enough.

I decided to tell him my feelings on my 18th birthday which was only a few days away. I was going to throw the party at my house and when everyone leaves I’ll tell Andrew how I’ve felt all these years and maybe even get my first kiss.

I handed out the invitations to everyone but Andrew’s invitation was special. I inserted a note that said to come to the greenhouse at midnight. I was excited but when the night of my birthday came, it was horrible. There was alcohol everywhere; people were kissing here and there, they were ruining the house. I told everyone to leave but then one of the jocks from the football team got angry. He pushed me to the wall and tried to kiss me and tear off my dress but then Andrew arrived. He tried to defend me and fought with the jock but he was no match. The next second I saw him hit his head on the corner of the table.

The man I love was lying in a pool of blood, his blonde hair stained with the color of crimson. I desperately shouted for help but everyone was just looking until I finally said the words.

“He’s not breathing. This can’t be. No. He can’t be dead! Someone! Please help him!”

While I was hugging his lifeless body, everyone just left without saying anything. I cried and cried but nothing happened.

“I’m sorry, I love you. I’m sorry, I love you. So please wake up...”

I kept repeating the same words somehow like a chant until I finally accepted it. With a parting kiss, I let go of his cold hands and screamed my lungs out.

“I hate everyone! They should be the one thats dead, not him!! I’ll make all of you pay with your dying breath!”

After those words I heard a very familiar voice that whispered.

“I shall grant your wish”.

to be continued...