Untitled Part 1

Squidward pov:

The morning air tickled my bulbous nose as it danced through the ajar window. I winced my eyes as if to draw in the last drop of sleep. I sat up, yawned, and put on my morning slippers. As I began to walk into the bathroom I noticed something, someone moving in my bed. I rubbed my eyes with my tentacles in disbelief. I slowly crept toward the moving mass and on the count of three I pulled the covers from it.

SpongeBob POV:

*HONK*

"Another day another nickel!" I chuckled like any other morning. "Hey Gary, I wonder what squidward is doing! Last night he seemed kind of sad after I brought an army of jellyfish into his house! How about we stop by!" I slid into my squarepants and opened my squeaky front door.

Squidward POv:

I screamed in disbelief.

"Hey! Quit hogging the covers!" A lethargic voice billowed.

"What? Nooo! How could this be?"

"Hehe good morning Squiddy." Patrick blushed

"Patrick!!! What are you doing in my bed?"

"Ughhh. Don't you remember? You said you were lonely and invited me over last night"

SpongeBob POV: "BYE GARY!"

I shouted up the large spiral staircase before I slammed the door shut in excitement. I begin my morning chant.

"I'm ready, I'm ready," I continue to repeat as I make a sharp turn to squidward's manor. I knock three times on his wooden door. No reply.

"Squiddy and I are good pals" I remind myself as I rudely open his front door.

"OH SQUIDDY!" I sing. Still no reply. I step inside of his elevator and rush straight to his room, worried.

I scream in disbelief.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE??" I shouted. Squidward looks at me with his beautiful big eyes as Patrick lays there in a ball and chuckles.

"I thought we-I thought we had something special." I said tears rolling down my cheeks as they get absorbed into my spongey flesh.

Squidward POv:

"SpongeBob!!!! What are you doing here???"

Patrick pulled the blankets up to his chest and turned red.

"You- you- you cheater pants!" SpongeBob began to sob.

For the first time in my life I didn't know what to do. Yes, I had a one night stand with Patrick, but I couldn't forget all the nights me and spongebob had spent together. He was my light in the dark. He was my one in 7 billion. My constant. My touchstone.

"Sponge... Sponge please don't cry. I- I- never meant for it to end up this way."

SpongeBob POV:

I reversed everything I did this morning quite literally. Literally meaning I walked backwards and chanted "I'm ready", " ydaer m'I". I crawled back under my covers and began to sob. I haven't cried this hard about jealousy towards Patrick since I flooded granny's house. I love squidward so seeing him with Patrick destroyed me. "Squidward is the best boyfriend in the world.

"Squidward is the best boyfriend in the sea. AND PATRICK IS A DIRTY LYING BOYFRIEND STEALER!"

I hear a hard knock on my large metal door. I look out my porthole and see squidward with a large frown and holding a bouquet of flowers. I head down the stairs quickly but talk through the door.