Never Again

Never again will there be a time we were the closest of friends. When we amazed others with how well we knew each other. How we shared every secret and every thought without hesitation. And never got bored of listening, even when others deemed it stupid and unnecessary, we never did. 'Cause back then we weren't two separate people, but one whole being who fit like two perfect puzzle pieces. Just click. No turning, or flipping, or forcing needed.

Never again will we completely get along the way we used to. How we knew each other's thoughts before speaking a word. How we could never annoy each other to the point of complete frustration. When we had the same interests and hobbies that never tired us because we did it together. 

Together, an eight letter word I will never take for granted for again. I promise. 

Never again will our love be as strong as it was back then. When we hugged each other all the time. How we missed each other even though our separation was only five minutes long. How when we said I love you it was never awkward or forced. Never did we have to be reminded or baited into it. Never will we be completely as sure we loved each other. And never will the words be so true. 

-Growing Apart-

Never again will I not take your advice. Because you warned me this would happen when I stopped spending as much time with you. When I stopped saying I love you with a hug before going to sleep, and how I fell asleep soundlessly, a task that in the past would have seemed impossible. When I stopped missing you when you were gone. You told me that we would never be the same, that you would grow and learn without me. But I was too stupid to see what I had, how lucky I was, and how much you loved me too. So I said "I don't care." Words that haunt me every day of my life. 

Because you didn't lie when you said that. You weren't making an empty threat. It was me who made an empty promise, not to care. 

-Realization-

Here's the part I apologize, but even words from the depths of my heart cannot fathom the utter sorrow I feel. Sorry, says the poor lonely soul once rich beyond belief.

-Promises Of Consequence-

To prove the truth of my words, I vow.

Never again will I ignore you.

Never again will I belittle what you have to say.

Never again will I stop listening.

Never again will I not be there. 

Never again will I say I hate you.

Never again will a day go by without a hug. 

Never again will I stop saying I love you. 

Never again will I let myself think I love you more than you love me.

Never again will I try to grow apart.

Never again will I take you for granted. 

Please, I say this from the core of my soul, please forgive me and be my twin sister again.