The Death

She fell beside me. "No! You can't leave me! You're okay. Breathe. Just breathe."

   I closed my eyes and did all that I could with the pain in my chest. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy- "

   "No. Open your eyes. Come back, It's okay. You're okay." Tears poured from her eyes, and even though she was filled with sadness, I had never seen something so beautiful. It was like a blind man looking at the sun for the first time.

   "When skies are grey, you'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't...take my...sunshine..." I took a deep breath and felt my body slowly slip to darkness. "Away."I was still hanging on with all I had but it wasn't enough.

   "Please wake up. Don't do this to me. I love you so, so much." She placed her forehead against mine and whispered. "Come back."

   "I have to go, I'm sorry." Tears poured down her face and onto the ground, and I felt so bad. But it was either me or her. I couldn't let her die. This was the only option. "Don't forget to remember me."

   "How could I ever forget you?"

   Rain started pouring down around us, but for the first time ever, I found peace in it. And as my body finally slipped away from her, she did the simplest thing. She kissed me. And my last glimpse of that world was that it had returned to its dull, broken color.