The shut down

Chapter 1

It stared out like a normal day. I got up, got ready and left. When I got to my first period class. I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was not right. I blew it off like it was the Monday jitters.

"Emma"

"Yes Miss. Clef"

"Why are you not paying attention"

"Sorry I guess I'm spacey"

"Well try to pay attention this time"

"Okay". Before Miss. Clef could start her lessen the ground started to shake and rumble. The alarm was sound and we were told to hit the floor and hide under our desks. I knew something was wrong, I knew it! Even though I love to be right, it still scares me a little not knowing what was happening. I pulled out my iPhone and texted my mom.

"Mom something weird is happening at the school." -E

"I know it's happening here too, come home as soon as you can." -M

I stood up. the ground shook harder. I fell to the ground and hit the back of my head on a desk behind me. "Emma" Emma"

Everything was blurry. when I Finley got my vision back I could see Devon kneeling over me. Devon has been my best friend sense like the first grade. although he has gotten a lot cuter with his chiseled chin and abs. he grabbed my hand and pulled me up. "are you okay?"

"I think so, what happened?" All the students and the teacher were on the ground dead.

"The enemy came and shot everyone"

"Then how are we still alive?"

"They only kill the people who are not dead I played dead and you looked dead, but we have to get out of here they could come back."

"Okay."

He quietly pulled the door open and took a look around. he then waved his hand signing me to come to. I quickly walked towards him. We kept walking tell we got to the corner of the hall. Then we saw the U.S military. " Devon look the military is here to help" "hey"

Devon quickly put his hand over my mouth and sad quietly " Emma they are the enemy"

He peeked over at them and saw that they had herd us. "okay Emma here's what we are going to do, we will go into the locker room and lock the door" "ready" I nodded my head.

We walked the other way towards the locker room which was on the other side of our school. " Devon we could go through the lunch room to the gym where the looker room is." he looked at me for a second then said." okay let's do that" he smiled at me and winked.

" You know what" he interrupted me.

"What"

" I'm not as dumb as you think I am"

He crunched his eyebrows.

"I don't think you're dumb"

"Well what was that smile and wink about." he let out a chuckle.

"What" I said getting frustrated.

" Emma...... Never mind, let's just go"

He was hiding something but what, I'll get it out of him soon enough. When we got to the doors of the pe room we took one glance inside and around the hall then went in. without any hesitation we ran as fast as we could to the nearest looker room which happened to be the girls looker room.

"So this is what it looks like in here?"

"Yep"

" Okay why are you acting wired all of the sudden Emma?"

"What do you mean Devon"

" I mean seance I smiled and winked at you,you have been acting strange"

"I'm just scared that's all it's nothing you did it's just I don't understand what's happening here"

"Right okay"

I rolled my eyes at him and walked away to go sit on the bench. he looked

at me then locked the door.