Valentine's Day

Getting Ready

Remind me never to go to the bathroom on a date… especially on Valentine’s Day. I don’t know why or how it happened to me but I guess luck wasn’t on my side. I mean it was going fine until I had this desperate need to go. My bad luck started when I was putting my dress on… my story goes a little bit like this.

“Issie?” my little sister, Sophie, yelled pounding on the bathroom door.

“Can’t you wait? It takes a long time for a girl as pretty as me to put on make up! Now hold on a second I’m almost done with my mascara”.

“Shit! My mascara ran!” I screamed opening the door to Sophie, “This is what happens when you rush me! I want to look good in front of Jade Brooks, the hottest guy in school.” I said dreamily, “And you’re not going to ruin my chance with him. Now help me bitch!” I said frustrated as I sat down on a stool.

Sophie nodded, “I am good at art so you should leave the make up to me.” She smiled at me. Sophie may be 13 but she is one of the only people who can understand me better than me.

“Okay,” I said giving in. And she started working her magic. I must admit, my sister is very talented at art. (Don’t tell her I said that) She turned me from drab to fab!

“Wow Sophie,” I said admiring myself in the mirror. I felt like a famous celebrity of some sort. “You’re the best,” I turned to her and gave her a hug.

“Now come on and let’s get you into that dress,” She pushed me away and started running to my room. “Last ones a rotten egg.”

“God dammit Sophie!” I joked around with her; we used to do this all the time when we were kids.

When I finally got there, Sophie was gawking at my dress. I admit I was too. It was more amazing then mom described it to me. It was a scarlet red skater dress with a heart shape cut out in the back. The dress fell a couple of centimeters above the knee. It was the perfect dress for Valentine’s Day. The perfect dress for when Jade sees me, I thought to myself, smiling. “Well, what are you waiting for?” Sophie nudged me. “Go try it on!” And so I did.

When I tried it on, it fit like a glove! Like it was made just for me. "Sexy!" Sophie said with slightly older accent "Now, turn around."