Psyc_Net: Chase

Glane ran fast as she could down the corridor from the security guards of the lab facility. Drifting from corner to corner she found the exit. Reaching the centre of the courtyard, helicopters, closed gates and surrounded by more guards.

A hand plumps onto her right shoulder. 'You already know how useless it is to escape. We were always prepared for this situation. Never do we let our guard down, especially for someone very important like you.'

The other hand plumps onto her left shoulder. 'It's best for you to stay in my care than any other care. I know you more than anyone. So be a good girl and turn around, walk by me.'

Glane's hope drains out of her, into the man's hands. She lowers herself and sits on the ground. 'Being stubborn are you?'

The man, adorning a white lab coat raised his hand over Glane's head, 'don't mind if I grab one of your most precious memories.' She widens her eyes in fear, backing away. Her memories were all that kept her sane. 'Professor, there's an urgent meeting being held as you speak, you must attend.' A young man approaches from behind with urgency.

'Take care of this girl for me Kailis. Don't let her escape again.'

The security guards disband. The professor left to his meeting. Glane sat there hopeless. Kailis approaches her and crouches down to her level. He was a broad strong looking man, he adorned a black military suit, the position of General.

He reached his hand out to place Glane's hair out of her face so he could see her clearer. Her pale complexion against her sorrowful expression gave out a distress call for help. She flinched but relaxed over the gentleness. Gaining confidence, she looked over to the General. 'I promise not to hurt you Glane, you've been through enough. Let's get you back to your warm cosy room.' She nods in agreement and took his offering hand.

Glane sat on her bed dazing off in a deep sea of thoughts. Kailis pulled out a chair from her study desk and sits down. 'Have you had any dinner?' She shook her head. Her stomach rumbles. Kailis takes out his phone, quickly tapping in a message and sending it off. 'I'm going to take you out for dinner.'