Chapter 1

"Hey mom?" I ask, as the car comes to stop at the red light.
"What do you want?" She growls and I flinch a bit as she flicks the ashes of her cigarette on me.
"....just to know where we'll be living..." I shrink back a bit, seeing her scowl.
"Oklahoma. Now would you shut your hideous mouth?!" She hissed. I nodded silently and looked out the window, sighing quietly, earning me a hard punch on the arm.I fell asleep in the car, snoring softly. 'Oklahoma, huh?....how bad could it be?' I woke up to being shoved onto the concrete and kicked in the side. I grunted and picked myself up, lighting a cigarette. I yelled I was going for a walk, and was off down the street. I was starting to wish I had brought my leather jacket, it was starting to get dark and kind of chilly. I rub the goosebumps on my arms and as I'm walking, a blue mustang pulls up next to me and a group of rich looking drunk guys get out. The group circles me and I sigh in annoyance.
"What's a purty gal like you doin out here all alone, huh?" One of the taller ones ask and I roll my eyes.
"Look, dude. I just moved here and I would rather NOT get knocked up the second I get here, so if you would kindly, get back in your richy rich mustang and drive the hell away, I'd be happy." The boy growled and pushed me back on my butt. A couple of the others held me down and the original guy pulled out a switchblade, running it ever so softly down my throat and cheeks. I hear a loud yell and they turn to look at two boys with slicked back hair. The rich kids, got up.
"Shit! Greasers! Gun it John!" They all piled back into their mustang and I heave a sigh, picking myself up off the ground and giving a courteous wave.
"Thanks, boys, i really appreciate the help." I nodded and they walked up.
"Are you new or somethin? You don't look very familiar..." The taller 'Greaser' asked. I nodded.
"Just got here, actually." I shrug.
"Well the name's Two-bit Matthews and this is my pal, Ponyboy Curtis." He said.
"Jessica Ryan" I introduced, sweeping my blonde bangs out of my face. They nodded and offered to walk me home. I accepted and my mom was waiting for me, looking pretty pissed. "Might wanna look away for this part" I whisper. Two-bit raised an eyebrow and Ponyboy's eyes widened a bit. My mom pushed me to the wall and smacked me. I hissed at the sting and she threw me to the concrete, stepping harshly on my chest. It got to the point where I was coughing and gasping desperately for air. The weight was lifted off my chest by Two-bit tackling my mom off of me and Ponyboy picking me up bridal style and carrying me off somewhere. "Now, where we goin, Ponyboy?" I asked groggily. "To my house. My two older brothers'll just adore ya." He smiled a bit. I smile and feel my eyelids droop. They were like weights on my eyes and I let them drop, falling asleep with Ponyboy carrying me away from the only life i had ever known.