Chapter I

"You gotta be kidding me," Isa yelled. She paced around the room, making me fidget. "Going on a world trip. In Europe."

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "For the hundredth time, yes, Isa. I'm leaving."

She stopped and turned to me. We were in my room, and the moment I had told her that I was leaving she started pacing like crazy.

Isabelle and I had been friends since middle school and me leaving...wasn't too good on her.

"I can't believe you!" She exclaimed. Exasperation crossed her face as she sat down on the carpeted floor.

"Just get it through your head. It's not like I'm leaving for the rest of my life. I'll come back. Just don't know when." I flopped back on the bed and faced her.

My plane ticket for Norway was set in five days when I was leaving. The small apartment flat I lived in would be sold, and some things would go to charity or some things would be locked away for safety.

"But Alice...what about your....your life here?"

"Oh stop being such a priss. It's okay. I'm coming back soon!" I told her.

Still, she looked doubtful. "Alright. But I want you to send me postcards and things like that. Clear?"

"Crystal."

"'Kay, well I have a job to work," she grumbled, and got up. Isa worked at a bar in the evening for extra money. Her current job wasn't getting off as well, and so she decided to take up the offer.

I, on the other hand had no worries about money for a good long time. As much as I hated to admit it, my family was filthy rich. My grandparents had had the money for as long as we could remember. And obviously the money also reached to my parents. I tried to keep as little as I could of the money and wealth and pretended that I was just a normal girl. However, Isa's financial struggles only made it more real and made me feel like a pretty bad friend.

***

I huffed as I threw another shirt into my bag. Currently my traveling case was jam packed and ready to go. Tomorrow was my flight and I was packing as much as I needed and could fit. After all, I didn't know how long I would be out there for.

Glancing at the clock, I frowned. 2:14 pm. I had missed lunch, and four hours had already passed.

"Welp, might as well grab something to eat," I mumbled to myself.

Padding to the kitchen, I spotted a clean new granola bar. Yum. Not enough for lunch but enough to wait until I ordered some chicken.

After ordering lunch, I returned to my room to organize. A few posters hung on the walls. Reaching up, I tore them down in a few quick strokes.

My violin...

It wasn't like I could bring my violin with me. Giving a sigh, I moved the black case to the pile of "storage."

In a matter of hours, my room was bare, save for the bed that would be removed tomorrow morning.

Great.

***

The plane was good. There was a woman that sat two seats away from me. And that was it. Taking the window seat, the two of us left the middle seat empty for privacy.

I watched silently as the plane took off, leaving everything to look miniature, like toy cars and houses. Soon enough we were over the clouds, on our way to Italy. Here we go.

-

Personally, I don't really like this chapter, because it's short and I feel like I'm not giving much into it...

Sorry..

-Jemima