Cologne

I entered his house, walking towards his bedroom.The curtains were closed and the room was dark. I turned the light on and closed the door behind me.

His desk was messy as always.
I picked up some of the papers that were there. It was lyrics.

I smiled and started reading them, they were way more beautiful than what I remembered.

I continued reading them, once, twice. I was motivated to memorize every single one, it was a part of him.

By my side, there was a picture of us beautifully framed, we took that photo 2 months ago. Who knew things would change so much in 2 months.

I laid down on his bed, resting my head on his pillow.
I smiled.

It smelled like his favourite cologne.

It smelled like our first kiss.

It smelled like his hugs.

It smelled like the saturday afternoons we spent in the park.

It smelled like our movie sprees in the late nights.

It smelled like him.

By the pillow was his shirt, my favourite. It was unexplainable how a piece of cloth suited someone so well.

I had no idea of how much I was already crying. I swear I could hear his voice softly saying in my ear "Don't cry, I'm here, everything will be alright".
I swear I could even feel the warm touch of his lips on my forehead.

But why do I search for him and don't see anyone?

I walked to the roof, bringing his shirt with me. There was his beautiful guitar at the ground.

I sat in the chair and grabbed the guitar. I played an unfinished melody that he was teaching me.

I looked up at the sky. Only the stars and the moon lighted me up.

Ah, if the stars could talk, they sure had a lot of stories to tell, that happened in this exact same place.

I smiled, once more, thinking of all those stories that are only memories now.

My poor brain may forget some of the stories that we made.

My poor brain may even forget some of the majestic melodies that the guitar once played.

But I'm sure about one thing.

My heart and soul will never forget his scent.

My heart and soul will never forget his husky voice.

My heart and soul will never forget his bright smile.

My heart and soul will never forget his touch.

And his heart and soul will forever remain alive in mine.