Prelude

"I missed you..." i whispered.

He just looked at me with confusion and shock in his eyes.

"Kamusta ka na?" i said trying to shift the mood.

"uhmm.. Okay naman, Ikaw?" he said while giving me a half smile.

"ito.. Okay naman.." i said while looking at his eyes that i missed terribly.

We were staring at each other for quite some time until he looked away and cleared his throat.

I think its time for me to tell him what i've been dying to say.. i took a deep breath and said

"I'm still thinking about you.. About us.. I know its been a year.. but i just can get over you." I looked down.. im starting to get really embarrassed. I've never confessed to anyone ever.. I took a deep breath and looked up at him. "I.. I love you.."

His eyes widened and his mouth gaped. He swallowed hard and looked around then back at me. He sighed and said "I.. " Hope started to glimpse in my eyes.. Please.. please say you love me too.. "I dont know what to say.."

I didnt want to show him how disappointed and hurt i am so looked down and took a step away from him. "Ohh.." i whispered.

A moment of silence took place until he cleared his throat and spoke "Well, it was really nice seeing you but i have to go.."

I looked up at him and faked a smile.. "Okay"

My heart ached more and more as i watched him walk away from me. Tears were starting to fill in my eyes. After everything that happened.. that's all that he has to say to me? Wait no.. i've come this far and this is all i get? Nasaktan na din naman ako, bakit hindi ko pa sagadiin diba?

i took a deep breath and shouted "How could you leave me like that?"

He stopped walking and turned around looking confused. "What?"

"How could you leave me just like that? like it was the easiest thing you've ever done in your life?" my voice cracked.

He sighed with frustration and brushed his hair. "You know what? i think you should go home.. its getting late delika-"

"Stop changing the subject and tell me the truth!" i cried.

He looked around afraid that someone might hear us. He walk towards me as fast as he could and held my shoulders "Masasaktan ka lang." his voice was restrained.

I laughed sarcastically and said "hindi pa ba ako nasasaktan ngayon?" I brushed off his arms on my shoulders. "Just tell me.. please.." i begged.

He sighed and brushed his face with hands looking so frustrated. He put his hands in his pockets while looking at the floor and said these words that ripped my heart into pieces. "I dont know.. i guess i just woke up one day and i just didnt feel the same way anymore. I guess i wasnt that into you.. you know?" he said looking up to me while he shrugged his shoulders.

"Ayun lang? ayun na yun? nagising ka lang isang araw tapos ayaw mo na sakin? that's not enough!" i yelled. He looked shocked seeing me like that so i took a deep breath and calmed my self "i.. i just dont understand.. we had something special right? bakit.. bakit ganun lang kadali yun para sayo?" i sobbed.

"Because it was nothing serious.. i told you before right? No commitments.. No labels.. No promises.." he said looking at me with his eyes full of pity. He cupped my face and said "Im sorry dash.. but you just have to let me go.."

i closed my eyes tightly.. took a deep breath.. turned around and walked away from him.

i guess i was the one to blame.. i lost the game.. i was stupid enough to take things way too seriously. why did i even think that i could get a right reason on why he left me.. when in fact.. we were never together.. and i was Technically.. Single.