Scorched Love

I had a dream about a burning house..

Walking from the small Sanko convenience store he hummed lightly, a sweet little tune in his deep velvet voice was the retiring lawyer heading back to the community building after a long day of work. He was halfway down the road when he heard sirens and cries of sorrow. Setting down his bags he ran to the commotion as quickly as possible, of course his body being quick enough and the powers merging with it of course gives him some advantage. He got closer to his destination as he began to smell smoke and picked up his pace. Now seeing a full burning Victorian house in view. "Oh no..."

You were stuck inside, I couldn't get you out...

The deity felt like his world was crashing down around him as he looked at all the sobbing, tired and fearful faces. Looking to his left he could see a woman bearing her two children in her arms as they sobbed. He snapped out of it for only a few small moments to hear her calling about...her husband..and son. It infuriated him while two officers questioned her. The two were obviously still alive. And yet they did nothing to help. Without thinking he dashed past the Officers, Firemen and Paramedics, and right through the front door that was nearly shrouded in flames and smoke, of course most of them tried to stop him, but then again who could hold back a six foot, spiritual guardian back from rescuing a burning building of people. Running through it he searched for the two that he heard the woman cry for. Tayro called out breaking through burning doors, singeing his arm in several areas but ignored it, hearing a loud creak he immediately looked up and saw a rafter beginning to break, quickly running past before it broke. He coughed roughly and waved his arms in a circular motion, making the smoke shift away from around him and that's when he saw the first body. He wasn't too close nor far from death, struggling to draw air into his lungs. "Sir!! Sir!! Are you still here!! J-Just you wait, don't leave yet!!" he shouted, as he picked the man up over his shoulder and looked toward a lopsided dresser on top of something. His eyes widened and he immediately ran over, but had a bit of trouble getting there when the man over his shoulder began to shift and panic, trying to escape his grip but he couldn't but it was causing the lawyer to loose balance and trip almost dropping him over a half caved in floor.

I lay beside you and pulled you close...And the two of us went up in smoke.

He was glad that father was alive but frightened he could get himself hurt. He ran to the tipped over dresser and used his left arm to lift it up off of the unconscious young boy, trying to drag him out while having the dressing leaning upon his shoulder he struggled to save the remaining lives left in that house. It was breaking, in his only ways out and he was getting burned, cut by bed frames, wood and scorched all over his torso, arms and face. It hurt. But he didn't want to see a family get torn apart. The father struggled against him and shouted for help. Meanwhile the boy was slowly being drug out from under the dresser and held under his arm. The dresser slid across the lopsided floor and into the first floor below. Tayro watched in slight horror before rushing to get to the other side of the room so he could at least get to the door. But the floor was caved in. How would he...No..He couldn't possibly...make it..could he?? There was not much time left to ponder. He'd have to take a chance. Even if it meant risking his own life. He took three steps back and held tight to the victims. Charging forth he then leapt as far as he could across the room and barely landed in the door way, almost leaning back to fall. But he sustained his balance and hurried out., the father started to struggle and curse at Tayro loudly, "Are you crazy!!? You could've got us killed!!" he shouted as he fearfully struggled against him and elbowed the deity in the eye roughly. But He kept on, he said nothing as he went to one of the windows. Shouting out down to the rest of the 'help'; "I am going to bring them to the living room window, and you WILL grab them out!! Now hurry!!" he demanded with urgency before running from the window and headed carefully down the half broken stairs. The ambulance and firemen ran to the late rescue and rushed to the front of the house. Tayro struggled to safely transport the struggling victims as the father gave him a hard time.