Horses. Just Horses.

Hey guys! My name is Jayd. This is going to be a shorter story about my gymkhana life so it's real! Thank y'all!

Waiting for the gate to open, waiting for her to strike, my blood moving faster every minute, she's jumping around, excited, so am I. And the gate opens. I can feel it in slow motion. There's three barrels, hundreds of people, and me. Me competing in front of them all. First barrel, I pull the left rein to my thigh, other hand on the horn, faster and faster every moment. She heads strait to the second barrel, perfect this time. Right hand pulling the rein to my thigh, other hand on the horn and she creates a perfect turn that nothing can explain. And again, she heads for the third barrel, right hand pulling her rein to my thigh and my left hand on the horn. Then she's heading home. Both my hands up by her ears, letting her go her fastest. I'm still feeling it in slow motion. I'm bouncing in my saddle. Saying "C'mon baby, we can do this. I know we can!". I don't yell "yah" because I don't feel it necessary. I don't use a whip either, but I do use bumper spurs. They look kind of like a sideways wave and they hook on to your boot like any other spur. I cross the timer and I feel great because I just took a time of 16:07! "What a great ride!" said the man with the microphone. "Thank youu!" I scream. I pat my horse on the neck giving her some love. I go straight to my trailer where my family meets me. I get a bunch of "great job sweetie!" and "you did awesome out there!" and "that horse is a beginner?" because she is. Dove is a great horse that I bought because she was starting to get barn sour, and she was being fed sugar oats everyday and she was getting FAT. So I kinda rescued her. She wasn't trained very much and she bucked a lot. I've taught her all the gymkhana events, ground manners, leads, and tricks.

More with the gymkhana:

I'm inside the gate, she's jumping around, waiting for me to let her go. She's heading right for that barrel. I pull the left rein all the way to my thigh, right hand on the horn. She pulls around that barrel like a bat out of hell. She's galloping as fast as she can. When we cross the timer "That's a time of 08:00!" I'm so happy with that kind of time for my beginner! I had a smile on my face the whole time until that very last event.

I tightened up my reins, ready for action! I head into the gate. She's going full on. I'm happy. And all of a sudden...

You will have to wait for the next chapter:) Also, please comment ideas of what you want my other chapters to be like. Give me some ideas. Thank y'all!