Chapter One

"Wow!" Shinra smiled approvingly at the raven in front of him, though continuing to examine the other's wrist. "A week clean! This is the longest you've gone in months, I'm so proud!"

The raven sighed, irritated at the childish tone his only friend took on.

"Now, we just need to get you to take your medications regularly, oh, and eat! You're so underweight, I can feel your ribcage through your shirt!"

Izaya let the 'doctor' go on, his own nails growing more and more interesting every word the other man said.

"I understand," he finally cut in. "I'll adjust my schedule, okay?" He was a bit late for a meet up with a client, and the information this guy held could make his job a lot easier.

"I'm just worried," Shinra sighed, putting a hand in his friend's shoulder.

"And I told you," a defensive tone hardened Izaya's voice. "I'm fine!" The sentence was punctuated by a door slam. Which Shinra knew, in Izaya, was a tantrum.

When he was sure Izaya wasn't coming back yet, he reached for his cell phone.

The number he wanted went to voice mail, typical. So he left a short message.

"Hey Shizuo, remember that bullet wound I stitched up last week? Well, I'm gonna need you to return the favor. Call me back."

A/N So, yeah. This is another shizaya. Sorry the beginning sucks, as always, but please tell me what you think!