Extra Chapter: Festivities

Jfc, I'm so sorry and yes, I'm still alive. I've been having writer's block so I decided to write this random crap. I'm already getting started on the next actual chapter though

☆☆☆☆

"Stop following me."

Takao yammered in trite, "Eh, but I'm not, Shin-chan. I'm just going to see (Y/N)-senpai's class. What about you, hm? I thought you said you wouldn't go since you're tired from our practice match earlier."

It was finally their long-awaited school festival and due to some extra curricular activities, the two and the rest of the basketball club members were robbed off most of their duties in preparing for the events. Midorima's class was set and opted to do a live theatre. Boy, was he glad that he ended up seizing the role of a mere propsman. The girls in his class were relentless in making him take up the lead actor which was some stupid prince due to his fetching appearance.

Though he'd rather die than wear some uncomfortable flashy outfit, swinging around a cardboard sword, and pretend to be someone he's not.

It's definitely not because he's inept when it came to acting and whatnot.

Seriously, how do actors effortlessly pull it off so impeccably? He was sure that they were able to do so because of how good the pay must be. Maybe he should've just accepted the part...but at the same time he also didn't want to drag his class down by his lack of ability in performing arts. He can't even pretend to smile without looking like a precarious hyena that just finished snacking on a dead animal.

"I know what I said, I'm just--!"

"Hey, hey. Do you know what senpai's class will be doing?"

Midorima stopped to ponder for a flashing second before frowning. You hadn't really told him what you were going to do, and it wasn't like he cared enough to ask. For sure, if he did, he would never hear the end of it from you and your overly-immodest self. Not to mention, he was too embarrassed to even dare take a step inside your building. It was usually you who came barging in to his without a second thought, and much to his annoyance, stole the capricious hearts of a few puny wimps in his year. What masochists...

It wasn't like he liked you. Nope. He's just saying.

You were just an extremely sensitive neighbor that he needed to baby sometimes. He's been with you through thick and thin, knew what your facial expressions meant, even the ugly ones, knew what your likes and dislikes were, how you were quick to gall, not that he was in any position to speak, and how kind you can be. Sometimes. Thank God you weren't able to read his thoughts or he'd be hanging on by a thread right now.

"No, and I don't care." He replied dryly, but Takao clearly wasn't quite satisfied with his tsundere teammate's answer.

"But I heard they're doing a maid cafe~"

That may have intrigued the shooting guard a little.

Only a little.

"Think about it, Shin-chan. Older girls in maid outfits!"

"..."

"Hohoh, I'll go alone then! I'm a man and I'm not afraid to admit it!" The ravenette teased, skipping ahead, leaving behind the latter red faced before stumbling after him.

"S-Shut up! I'm only going to make sure you don't do anything weird!"

☆☆☆☆

Midorima's left eye twitched. They hadn't even rounded the corner to where your class was and he couldn't believe he could already see the queue, waiting for their turns to come in.