{I}

BEEP BEEP BEEP SMACK!

my hand blindly searches around for the annoying piece of shit that is giving me an earsplitting headache at this early time of day. i grab my phone and violently jab at the snooze button until all is quiet, well at least for a blissful second.

"iris! get ready!" my brother screams.

groaning, i pull the pillow over my head. now would be a good time to introduce myself wouldn't it? my names iris greene and i'm an athgeek, meaning i'm an athlete and a geek.. you'd think i had the best of both worlds but nooo. although i'm on east high's lady eagles varsity track and field team and could easily dominate any race thrown my way, people don't want to hang with me. if i could take a guess at why, i'd probably say it's because outside the track i'm a total geek with a passion for disney characters. literally all of my pjs are decked out with them. sure, people cheer when i win races or help them win dodgeball, but the applause isn't really for me its for the title i've earned, know what i mean? i'm a natural straight a student (not to brag or anything) but, i'm slightly below average in the looks department. don't worry, i'm not going to get some ridiculous nose job or something just to look fake pretty like half the girls at my school. however i'd be lying if i said i was proud of how i looked or comfortable in my own body. my family isn't poor but they aren't rich either. my mom, dad, brother, and i live happily in our humble abode with the utmost love for each other.

"iris! i swear, get your lazy butt out of bed before i slap the living shit out of you!"

scratch the last thing i said.

"for the last time nolan, just because you're a sophomore in college and i'm still in high school doesn't mean you can boss me around!"

"oh but it does because you only have a probationary license and i'm the one with the car." nolan walks into my room and leans against the wall.

i sit up and put my glasses on, "3 more months until i can finally stop asking you for rides. enjoy it while it lasts big bro."

"trust me, i will."

i chuck the pillow square at his head. and do a little victory dance.

"i do not find this emu-sing."

"stop with the bird puns, would you? cause TOUCAN play that game." then i do that 'bam what!' thing that maddie does on liv and maddie.

"nolan honey! can you take out the trash?" our mom calls from downstairs.

i smirk and nolan sighs, "owl be back later."

"i penguin, you penglose." dang that was a good one.

he laughs, "go get ready iris, its your first day of senior year."

my eyes widen, i forgot that was today. i look at the clock.. 6:30. an hour before i needed to leave.

i grab my contacts, a burgundy cardigan, jeggings, and a blue tribal print shirt from my closet and go get ready.
(