Small Room

All that I remember from that night is the Black Chevey Camero that pulled into my driveway. I remember hearing knocking on the door. It was about 10 p.m. and I was sent to bed. "Why can't I stay up late mom? All my friends stay up as long as they want!" I would say. "I'm not one of your friend's parents," Mom would say "and besides, you're just a kid." That phrase was what really slammed my buttons. Just a kid. As I was walking up the stairs to get to my room, I heard a car pull into the driveway. I thought dad was home. I raced up the stairway like the the Usian Bolt. When I looked out of the small, cracked window in my bedroom dad didn't get out of the car. I breathed a sigh of relief. But I noticed the car was a Chevey Camero. We had a minivan. Some guy exited the car, and pounded on our door. I went to the top of the stairwell to see what was happening. Mom opened the door and there was a loud crack. She fell to the ground with a screech that didn't even sound human. Crimson liquid spilled to the floor, forming a puddle around her. There were splatter marks on the floor. The murderer looked at me and pointed his gun at me. I was paralyzed from fear and shock. Another person walked in. He lowered his partners gun and said, "He wouldn't be able to fight back. He's just a kid." Just a kid. As I thought about that phrase, he had put a bag over my head and whacked me in the back of the head. My senses faded away. I woke up strapped to a slanted bed, similar to the chairs you sit in while a dentist cleans your teeth. It was a small room, but the floor, ceiling, and walls were all tiled, and the small, porcelain tiles were light blue. There was a small, silver table with various pills and surgical tools. There was a vial of clear-ish liquid with a label that said 'Adrenaline' accompanied by a syringe. I also found out that there was a camera in the corner of the room. I noticed one of the pill container's labels had said 'Cyanide.' I knew what that was. It killed you as soon as it entered your system. One of the men had walked in the room. "I am going to give you some of this adrenaline. Do you what that will do to you? It will make sure you don't sleep. You won't black out due to pain either. All I can say is, don't move." Thoughts circled in my head. It was a tornado of thoughts in my head. I turned and strained to look at even the tiniest noise. He filled up the syringe and inserted it into my arm, right in the vain in the joint of my arm, just below the shoulder. As the needle was in my arm, I noticed the needle could hold 500ml. I felt the energy pulse through my veins. I had felt pulsing in places I've never felt before. After he removed the needle, he clicked the camera and took a drill, like the one in cartoony dentist office, and stuck it right into the roof of my mouth. It didn't appear very big. But to pain was horrible. Tears streaming down my face, onto my shirt and soaking the neck of the shirt. I didn't know of the tears were tears of pain, fear, or anger. The worst part, was the tears going into my mouth, and mixing with the blood I was already choking on. I was even hearing my out ears with my screams and shrieks of pain. He had only held it there for a few seconds, while it was on. He was standing behind the camera for 1 hours recording my suffering. I remember hon stoping the camera and talking to me from behind the camera. "I'm going to be leaving now. You have fun in here," he says "after all, you are just a kid." The pain is still unbearable, and I wish it all would end. Questions racing around the race track that is my mind. Where is mom? Where is dad? What are they going to do to me? Will they kill me? Will any of my questions get answered? And just like that, I fell asleep. No dream just a few seconds of blackness. There was no telling the time. All alone in this room. All alone.