Welcome to Sakura New Town

"Every story has an end but, in life, every end is just a new beginning."

Prologue

Do you believe in the supernatural?

If you asked me two years ago, I would have said no.

If you ask me now then I wouldn't be sure what to say.

London, England.

The school bell rang and students poured out into the corridors. The Summer Holidays have started. Among the students, there was a young girl with strawberry blonde hair, she had light blue eyes that looked like pools of water. Her name is Sophia Abbott.

"I can't believe that we have finished primary school already," Sophia said to her friend Michelle. Michelle and Lucy have been friends since they were seven years old and they hoped that their friendship would last when the two girls moved to secondary school.

"Same. I can't wait to start secondary school. It's going to be so much fun and we will be in the same form class which makes things better. " Michelle said as the two girls made their way out the doors of Oakwood Primary school for the last time. They were greeted by the warm summer sun and their parents who welcomed them with open arms.

At home, Sophia was sitting in her bedroom, reading her favorite book. She was looking forward to six weeks of no school.

"Sophia, can you come downstairs, please. We have some exciting news" her mother called.

Sophia sighed as she placed her book on the table next to her bed. When she walked into the family room both her parents were there. This was strange as her Dad didn't finish work until later on.

"So, whats the big news?" Sophia asked.

"Well the company that I work for has just opened an office in Japan and they want me to go and work there. We are going to be moving to a town in Japan." Sophia's dad said.

"That's good," Sophia said. "Where are we going to live?"

"We are moving to Sakura New Town." Sophia's mother announced.

"Never heard of it," Sophia said. "Why can't we stay here?"

"We both think that it's time for a change and when your Dad got offered a job in the new office, he deiced to take the risk." Sophia's mother said.

"Ok. How long do we have until we move?" Sophia asked.

"We will be leaving next week," Sophia's dad said. Sophia wasn't happy about moving and leaving everything behind but there was a part of her that wanted to see more of what the world had to offer.

"Sophia, this is a big change for all of us but we will get through it together, like we always do." her mother said and she gave Sophia a cuddle.

Sophia spent most of the week helping her parents pack most of what they owned into boxes. The boxes would be shipped to Japan so they each had a suitcase to put things that they would need in.

They day before the move, Sophia sat in her bedroom, talking to her friend Michelle.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come and see a film next week?'" Michelle asked.

"I can't," Sophia said. "I won't be here."

"Why?" Michelle asked.

"I moving to Japan. The company my Dad works for has opened a new office and they want him to work there". Sophia said.

"Really? Thats amazing. I wish that I was going to Japan." Michelle said..

"Yeah. Dad seems really excited about the move." Sophia said..

"I will miss you so much. You're my best friend." Michelle said.

"I will miss you as well. We have known each other since we were seven." Sophia said.

"Don't forget to send me lots of pictures. I will be waiting for them." Michelle said.

"I will. I have to go now, Mum wants to use the phone" Sophia said.

"Alright then. I will talk to you soon." Michelle said.

"Bye." Sophia said as she put the phone down.

It was late now and she had to be up early tomorrow.

**

The next morning, Sophia woke up early after a peaceful night of sleep. She had a shower and got dressed.

"Sophia, come on. If you don't hurry up we will miss our flight" Sophia's Mum called from downstairs. The young girl took one last look around her room.

"OK, Mum I'm ready" Sophia announced as she came downstairs. She grabbed her bag and went to join her Father in the car.

The journey to the airport was short. Sophia's dad got the suitcases out the car and Sophia helped him wheel them to the check in desk.

While they were waiting to board the plane, Sophia brought a book about Japan. She flicked though it until she came across the folklore section. There was one page that interested her the most and that was the page about Yo-Kai. Soon it was time for Sophia and her family to board the plane.

After the plane took off Sophia reached into her pocket and pulled out her iPod touch. She put her headphones in and turned up the volume. (Sophia is listening to Summer by Calvin Harris)

After a very tiring twelve hour flight, the plane landed. The voice of the air hostess could be heard over the intercom.

"On behalf of the pilot and cabin crew, I would like to welcome you to Sakura International Airport. Thank you for flying with British Airways, we hope to welcome you on board again in the near future."

Sophia grabbed her rucksack from the overhead locker and followed her parents through the busy airport terminal. Once they collected the suitcases, Sophia's dad ordered a taxi to take them to their new home. The taxi

"So what do you think?" Sophia's Dad asked.

"It looks nice. The flowers and trees are really pretty. We didn't have anything like that in London" Sophia said.

"Here we are. This is your new home, Sophia" her Mum said. Sophia was amazed. It was perfect. Sophia's mum opened the door and they went inside.

Sophia was even more amazed when she went inside the house. There was a massive living room/dining area, a small bathroom with a shower and a spare bedroom.

Upstairs there was two rooms and a large bathroom. Sophia's room had a view of the garden. She opened the window and the sweet smell of flowers from the garden entered the room.

Sophia spent most of her first day unpacking. After she finished Sophia went straight to bed. She was tired from the long journey.

Note

Hi Everyone.

This is the first chapter of New Beginnings. The story was originally called "The Girl with the Yo-Kai Watch" but I deiced to change some parts.

Hope you enjoy