Two Years Too Long

"It's finally over, Ryuu!" 

For the past two years, Ryuu and Shirayuki have been creating a once poisonous flower and creating a beautiful light for the kingdom at night. They've spent their days and nights meeting with nobles and other pharmacists and mineralogists to create this flower. The only thing left, was to present it to the first prince of Clarines, Izana Wisteria. If they were able to meet his requirements, they would be able to return from Lyrais and continue their work at Wistal Castle. 

"Yeah, I guess so." he said admiring the flower

"Zen! I'm coming!" She thought to herself looking over Ryuu's shoulder.

                                                               -10 minutes later-

"Obi! Obi! O-" 

"Shh!" Obi said as he covered her mouth. She silently nodded and was released into the snowy ground.

"What are you even doing out here? We're supposed to be leaving!" She asked quietly

"Shh!"

"Ob-!" Suddenly being picked up from the ground and tossed aside, she was thrown into the middle of a snowball fight.

As a snowball went whizzing past her face, it loosened her once messy bun and her hair fell past her shoulders.

"This has to be a first." Obi said coming out of the trees and throwing a snowball over to the opposing side.

"Eh?"

"I don't think I've seen your hair this long. You've always kept it in buns. I'm sure Master will approve."

Suddenly blushing from his remark, she was cooled off by a snowball that hit her on her cheek.

"Should I take care of them for you, Mistress?" 

"No, that will not be necessary." Shirayuki said grabbing a sled and filling it with snow, "I will take care of them myself".

Before Obi could even speak, Shirayuki dragged the heavy sled over to the other side's hideout and lifted it above them. She spoke something to them, however it was too quiet to hear. With confused expressions from everyone, she dumped the snow out on them.

"Alright! Now that that's taken care of, are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah, I'm going to miss this snow though. It was great for training." Obi said looking away

"Mhm, no other place has this much" Shirayuki replied smiling at him

"Oh, Mistress, that's a nice bruise."

Shirayuki slowly raised her hand up to her cheek and poked it a little, "Ah, too bad, I just packed away the ointment. I'll have to treat it in Wistal."

"Well, then shall we be off?" He asked smiling slightly

"Yes!"

                                                              -5 Hours Later-

"Ryuu, Obi, could you make sure the horses are fed? I just need to check something!" She said running off into the crowded town.

Shirayuki first went to the news board encased in glass to see what has happened in the past year that she didn't visit. Most of it was centered around new shops and places to visit, however two other stories had caught her attention. They read, "Prince Izana hosts a ball to celebrate his engagement" and "Second Prince of Clarines is Promised". Shirayuki felt lightheaded, like everyone around her was moving too fast. She then slowly read the words, "Second Prince... of Clarines... is Promised..." 

Her heart was pounding. Just how much had she missed? She kept in touch with Zen as much as possible, but how could he not tell her something like this? Without thinking she ran to one of the public bathrooms and washed her face and stared at herself in the mirror. After a while of thinking, she noticed the bruise from the earlier snowball fight, and put a small bandage over it. 

"Mistress? Is everything alright?" Obi asked her as he saw her return

"Hmm? Ah! Yes! I'm okay."

"Alright, then should we continue?"

"Yes.." She said forcing a smile, "Ryuu, are you ready?"

"Yeah."

After arriving at Wistal Castle, Shirayuki and Ryuu were met by one of Prince Izana's soldiers and were told to meet him immediately. They obeyed, and Obi stayed behind to help with their luggage and horses.

"I do have to congratulate you both for creating such a magnificent flower. I thought it was something that couldn't be done. However, you always seem to prove me wrong, Shirayuki." Prince Izana said quietly

"Thank you, sir" the two said in unison.

"Ah! I'm sorry, I see you have guests, I'll excuse myself" A young woman said as she started to leave.

"No, please stay and meet the two head pharmacists that helped create these flowers." Prince Izana said holding up a flower for her.

"Oh! They're wonderful flowers. I assume these are the ones you were telling me about that will light up the kingdom?"

"Yes, and these two, Shirayuki-dono and Ryuu-dono are the creators."

"Pleasure to meet you Miss" Shirayuki said, bowing her head.

"No, the pleasure is mine Miss Shirayuki. I am Princess Kenda of the country Olins. I look forward to examining your work here at Wistal Castle."

Shirayuki and Ryuu both bowed and then were sent away by Prince Izana. 

"That must be his fiance." Ryuu said quietly

"Mhm," Shirayuki said softly.

"I don't mean to pry, but what's wrong? You've been different all day after that one stop." He asked

"Oh, I'm just a bit tired. I stayed up late packing and saying goodbye" She smiled and lied. She was worried and scared about who Zen was promised to, "Well! I'll see you later then! I have to go get some ointment for my bruise."

"Okay. I'll see you Monday I guess."

As Shirayuki entered the Medicinal Wing, no one was around so she snuck in and grabbed some of the ointment on the shelf. However, someone was behind her the whole time.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Well how's that for my first fanfiction? :D

Will be continued!

I appreciate any and all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism!