0 - A New Start

Ava's POV

Hello my name is Ava Everhart *photo* I'm 16 years old and I just moved to Atlanta, Georgia. This isn't the first time we've moved, when I was 6 my mother died in a car accident, so its been just me and my dad ever since. We haven't stopped moving since my moms accident, it's not the ideal life but I'm making it work. He promised that this was our last move, and I'm counting on that promise.

My dad tells me that we're moving to a huge house in a good neighbourhood, which surprised me. We are normally living in a small house in bad neighbourhoods, but apparently my dad made good money on his last find. He's an archaeologist, which explains the constant moving. Things are changing he says. His boss wants him in the head office now so we shouldn't be moving anytime soon. At least that's what he says.

You're probably thing what about the rest of your family, well I have a little sister named Jocelyn she's 13 and that's about it. The rest of my family was left behind when the moving started, I haven't seen them in ages. Whenever I ask my dad about them he gets quiet and changes the subject, me and Joce have learned to stop asking.

The only thing that keeps me going is my internet best friend Sophia Peters. She's always there for me when I need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. Although we've never met it feels like I've known her forever. Sophia lives in Atlanta too so I'm hoping I go to the same high school as her, she had told me so much and it sounds so amazing! Plus I'll get to see my best friend every day.

My last high school I went to in Los Angeles I got bullied so much, I never told anyone except Sophia. As soon as I would get home from school I would run up to my room and cry for hours. My dad found me once but I told him it was my period, he never asked again after that. Sophia could always make me feel better and that's what I love about her. The one thing I never told her was the cutting. She would kill me if she found out.. I only did it a few times and the urges are still strong. Since then I have threw away my razors and stuck to waxing, and it will stay this way. I'm not going back to who I was before.

The last place we were in was a dark time for me, and everyone knew it. I don't know what was wrong with me. I feel like Atlanta will be better. I will be happy here. I'll meet new friends and some great people. I needed this fresh start, everything will be different now. everything will be better.

A/N
Hello everyone :) my name is Alyssa. this is my first book and I hope you like it!! I'm going to try and update as much as I can. feel free to message me, I will be making a kik soon as well! I'll let you know when that happens!! xoxo lyss