a l l t h a t s h e k n e w

A L L         T H A T
S H E      K N E W

☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾

dedicated to lou, for making the most beautiful cover, and for helping me out with some of the writing for this. I'm so lucky to have her on this sometimes daunting site, and for that I love her more than words can say

☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾

SHE WATCHED HIM EVERY SINGLE NIGHT.

Dusty rose cheeks hid many secrets. Eyelashes so long that they could have been plucked straight off a doll's face and planted on her own.

He never saw her looking. He never saw her when he picked up the bong and deeply inhaled. He never saw her when he laughed with his mates, as high as a kite in the sky.

He never noticed his admirer.

And she never wanted him to. As the leaves that softly flowed onto the ground surrounded her, she watched and waited for him to figure her out. She waited for him to end it all. But he never did; and she was glad for it.

If his friends weren't so high, maybe they would have also noticed all the black. It was everywhere, after all. Stained on the walls that no longer reminded him of his happy childhood. Dripping down the mirrors, slinking into the carpet. It was like the room was filled with smoke; drying the tears off all their faces, blocking their memories and blinding their vision.

He looked so happy in that moment.

But all that she knew was that he was dying inside.

☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾

HE WAS WITH A GIRL THIS TIME.

It was just the two of them. Inside his bedroom. Their lips locked onto one another's.

And she felt like she was d y i n g just by watching them together.

Nothing had changed, except for the snow that was falling instead of the leaves. The golden and brown shades no longer covered the floor; now just a pure white blanket. She couldn't work out which one she liked more.

His hand was on the girls thigh, grasping onto it like he never wanted to let go. The girl's hands were all over him, slinking around his body with a fire in her eyes.

And then suddenly, the girl wasn't wearing a shirt anymore.

She knew she shouldn't be watching anymore; but she had to watch him every day. He may never notice her with his good looks, blonde hair, sparkling blue eyes. He may never notice her amber locks, her perfect white teeth, her chubby cheeks. But that didn't mean she would give up on him.

He looked like he was loving every second of being with that girl.

But all that she knew was that he wished for it to be over.

☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾    ☾

SHE WATCHED AS HE CRIED FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FRONT OF HER.

The tears slipped rapidly down his face, and he furiously wiped them with his fingertips to try and mask his emotions.

But it was no use. He was breaking down.