Beautifully Disturbed

My brothers always said I would end up in a loony bin, never thought in a million years that they'd be right. I put the last of my stuff in the card-board box in front of me and looked around at the near empty bed room of the puny apartment I shared with Neil, my ex-fianc'e.

"You know, you don't have to go. Tell them to forget it, you ain't goin'." he said from the door way as he watched me pack.

"Neil, this is my first real job offer ever. They really need a psychiatrist at this place, I could help people." I said as I took the box into the living room where the movers were beginning to transfer my end-less heap of stuff into the truck outside.

He came up behind me and placed his hands on my hips then he murmured "You could stay here and help me." into my ear.

"Yeah, you looked like you really needed help when I caught you getting into your boss' wife's pants." I said as I pulled his hands off of me and stormed outside to help the movers.

"Madie, I already told you it wasn't what it looked like!" he said in a frustrated groan.

"Really? I think I damn well understood what I saw!" I replied

"It was nothing!" he exclaimed

"Oh, it was definitely something!" I exclaimed right back

"Will you just let it go!" he shouted

I glared at him.

"I can't believe you!"I scoffed

"You are over-reacting again!"he practically screamed at me

"I am not!"

"Hell yeah you are!"

"AM NOT!"

"Then why'd you leave me!?"

I scoffed and said "Are you still shocked that I broke it off?! Damn, you are dumber than I thought! And that was already pretty dumb!"

Some of the movers giggled and muttered "Burn!" to each other. I think I like these guys.

"Well, sorry I had insufficient collage funds, you freakin' rich bitch!" he hollered

"Jack-ass!" I shouted

"Then why don't you just leave!"he yelled

"I am!!" I yelled over my shoulder

"Good!" he said

I rolled my eyes.Why I fell for him I will never fully understand, perhaps it was a case of temporary insanity? Delusion? Meh, I'll blame the booze from the party I met him at.