New beginnings

"New beginnings they say," I mumbled under my breath as I snort at the thought.

        "I'll show them new  beginnings." I whine once again, quenching the idea that my mother has progressively stuck inside my head.

        She tells me as if she's trying to make it sound like some sort of achievement. It's no achievement; I know that for sure. It's about something I like to call the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I'm talking about the 6 letter word that twisted my life into a living hell zone.

Moving.

       Moving wasn't always the easiest, but when it comes to me, Mia Cooper, moving was the full out most bothersome dead weight a being could ever be assigned to. I say it as it is. No lie, no mistake, just truth. Full out truth.

        After 16 years of life passing through as if it would never end, it does. Because of that little 6 letter word, those 16 years are no more. After these wonderful years of schools, jobs, friends, enemies, and even an amazing boyfriend that's stuck with me through thick and thin, we still have to go through with it. How could you ever just leave like that? How could you just get up and move? Well, that was no problem for my mom; the one who ruined my life!
       Okay, fine. I might be blowing things out of proportion, but I still have the right to be outraged! This whole thing is just a disappointment, nothing more.

The house is the worst part. My house. My childhood. My memories.

         Ever since Dad passed, the house is the only thing I had left of him. The markings of me growing, the little memorabilia that he bought me. Everything that made my memory of him never fade. Now we're moving, quitting, getting up and leaving the only memory left of him.

        But maybe through it all, it could end up to be a great thing! But like all the other times, I'm probably wrong.

Maybe.