Chapter 1

It was a day like any other for Bela, sitting in English class browsing her group chats and generally slacking off. The teacher, Mr. Travolta, had connections higher up so he didn't really give a shit about teaching as his job was secured. Usually they just watched movies (today was Bee Movie) and he gave them "study guides" for tests that basically gave all the answers. After all, this class was one of Bela's last credits needed to graduate, and she couldn't wait to get the hell out of town.

Bela chuckled at memes her friends had sent until she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Hey, is this yours?" asked a dreamy voice. She turned, startled, meeting eyes with the beautiful boy next to her. It was Jacob, the hottest guy on campus, holding up her pencil. Well, hot for someone who had skipped four grades and barely reached puberty. Bela began to get lost in his hazel eyes when she forced herself to say something, anything, and not be weird. "Y-yeah, thanks." He winked, replying "No problem," and leaned back, watching Barry on the screen.

The blue eyed girl reclined in her seat, almost slinking down in shame and embarrassment of her stuttering. She began to replay what had just happened when suddenly, a loud ringing went off in the classroom. "Fire drill!" yelled some annoying ass kid that overreacted to everything.

20 minutes later, everyone had been evacuated and then rushed back in after it was determined to be a false alarm. Bela went back to her seat to retrieve her things, when she was faced with a dilemma: the two identical sweatshirts between her and Jacob's desk.

Not wanting to be late for the bus, Bela chose the one she thought looked like hers, grabbed her backpack, and walked out. She daydreamed about his hand brushing against hers as she took the pencil for the rest of the day.