Chapter 1:

Run keep running dad won't be able to find me, he can't he won't. He is going to be looking for me all over town after what I did to his friend I mean I didn't mean to it was an accident. I still have the flashes of his lifeless body in my bedroom the next thing I know I am running and never looking back. Slowing my legs down as I reach the cold Canada's woods the white snow covered my surroundings like a blanket.

Kneeling down onto the white covered ground huffing and puffing trying to catch my breath I rested my head against the rough barked tree playing with the sparkly sharp snowflakes remembering all of my childhood before everything turned wrong before everything went down a cliff. As I sat in the cold winter woods all of a sudden I heard a snap of a twig...

Someone is here...

Another Mutant is in trouble, Professor X had sent Logan to go and pick Jess up and bring her back to the school. Logan had been told to approached Jess with caution as she is very valuable. Logan pulled on his shimmering leather jacket and jumped onto his motorbike and followed the scent that he was picking up from Jess, the scent grew stronger and stronger getting a better scent of Jess in the woods, jumping off his motorbike Logan made his way into the woods sniffing the air with every step he took: after a while of walking Logan found a girl with long blonde flowing hair that stopped halfway down her back wearing a dark blue short sleeve shirt as well as a tight pair of black jeans. Crouched up against a nearby tree with the soft white crunchy snow that was beneath her feet. Logan remembered what Professor X had said I tried to keep his distance from Jess when suddenly

SNAP!

"Oh shit"

An annoyed look came to Logan's face when he realised what he had done looking down underneath his feet a large pointy twig that was snapped from his large foot. He slowly raised his head to see the girl's head raised and alert like an animal and ready to run from a threat.

"No, kid don't run I am here to help ya"

Jess looked at Logan confused and dazed not knowing what Logan meant

"H... help me?"

"Yeah help why don't ya come with me get you out of the cold"

Logan offered his muscular hairy hand towards Jess as a sign of a help. But instead of taking his hand Jess shook her head and crawled away into a dark corner in fear of the unknown.

"N...no p...please just go" Jess slurred

Logan went down to Jess's level so she wouldn't fear him.

"Hey, kid I won't hurt you I am one of the good guys"

"H...how do I know that you could be one of them prove that you are on my side"

Logan nodded he stood up straight and pulled his hand out in front. He clenched them into a fist. The girl watched as three claws on each hand started to stick out from his knuckles, she watched in amazement

"Believe me now bub?" Logan asked

She nodded her head as she watched his claw retract back into his knuckles.

"Jess" she replied as she started to come out of the dark corner

Logan watched and took a step back as he watched Jess's strong figure walk out from the dark atmosphere that surrounded her as she came out of the dark corner her blonde curly hair and her slim delicate figure came with her; the shyness on her face that was mixed with fear Logan knew that she didn't belong in these woods.

"Shall we go kid."

"I guess but where are we going to go"

"We are going to go the School for people like us you know us mutants" Logan said with a straight face.

The word mutant echoed through Jess's head like she has just banged her head against a wall over and over again that is when she heard her dad's voice 'dangerous pieces of meat' 'You should never go near mutants do you hear me Jess' 'In my opinion mutants should be locked up and the key thrown away' 'Laughing gets louder and louder'

"No!" Jess screamed at the top of her voice

"Hey kid, what's wrong?"

Jess's body dropped to the floor like a pile of bricks as she screamed holding her head trying to get the voices to stop. Logan watched as Jess screamed holding her hands to her head slowly places his hand on her shoulder trying to get her to stop. Jess held onto her head looking up at Logan she grips her hand into the snow her nails embedding ten small holes into the snow Jess took a deep breath and raise her aching arched body in a straight position.

"I'm fine ... thank you for asking shall we go"

Logan was confused with what just happened he had never seen that before in his lifetime. What bugged him the most was Jess had a wall against her and she was never going to let anyone break it. But Logan was determined to knock down the wall not matter how hard it was going to be as they started walking the woods became quiet Logan looked at Jess walking she had her arms folded looking towards the ground as if she had eyes at the top of her head when suddenly Jess stopped dead in her tracks.

"What's up kid why di..."

"Shhh..."

Someone is here