Introduction

"People don't get to choose who they fall in love with. They only get to choose who they stay in love with."

Heartache. What really is heartache? Is it the feeling you get at night when you're thinking about the one you want so bad but know that it'll never be? The pain you feel inside each passing day that makes your heart ache and tenses your muscles? The pain of which at night when it's all over you can't find the courage to help yourself stop the tears from running down your face? The worst part is when you have to use all the strength in you to wake up each morning and look them in the face. That's what happened to young 16 year old, Lola, she thought she knew about love. She thought she was in love, but at the end of the day she had it all wrong. The pain afterwords is what really sucks. Crying yourself to sleep at night, wondering what the hell ever went wrong. Was it me? Why wasn't I good enough? What sucks is when you try to talk about it but no one understands, no matter how hard they try. No one would ever be able to understand the pain unless they've lived through it themselves. No one understands how or why you're feeling like this and, I guess they never really will. You feel hopeless. You feel like nothing. But, in the end it turns out everyone was right and you were stupid enough to believe he was different.