Secrets Secrets Are No Fun

Phil's POV

I woke up to the sounds of the smoke detector, a usual noise, I walked to the kitchen rubbing my eyes. I get to the doorway of our kitchen and see Dan attacking the smoke detector with a towel trying to stop its angry beeping. I saw the burnt pancakes on the stove where dan was cooking, I yawned, "Good morning to you too" I said groggily. Dan blushed "I'm so sorry I woke you up, I was just trying to make breakfast and then I saw a moth and panicked. Next thing I know the pancakes are on fire... Again. I just wanted to make breakfast for us and not ruin it" he looked down. I chuckled, "How about we eat cereal and tomorrow we make breakfast together?" Dan smiled, "That would be nice". I grabbed two bowls and poured our cereal into both, grabbed the milk and poured it on top. I spooned a heap of Cheerios into my mouth and looked over at Dan, he was just smiling at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I questioned him, trying not to let the cereal out of my mouth. "You're just so amazing and I don't know how I got so lucky to have you in my life" I blushed and he kissed my cheek. When we finished I picked up the bowls and brought them to the sink, "what's on the schedule today?" I asked Dan as I dried my hands. "Nothing, just you and me" he smiled. I smiled but it faded away, "Phil is everything okay?" Dan said worried. I got a lump in my throat, "Um, actually I wanted to talk to you about something..." I said tangling my fingers together, "I wanted to talk about telling everyone that we're dating". "Our friends already know?" "No, I mean our subscribers..." Dan sighed, "Phil-" "I know, I know" I said sadly "you don't think it's a good idea because if we break up they may attack both of us and split our subscribers. But it's just that-" "No" "But Dan" "I am as much a part of this relationship as you are and therefore when I say I don't want to share our personal life we won't because if you didn't feel comfortable with doing something I would do what you wanted." He fired back angrily. I looked at the floor holding back tears, "I'm sorry" he said, but I knew he wasn't. "Okay" I murmured as I walked back to our room. We slept in my room, the room that people know as dans room was only made so people didn't know we slept together, Dan's idea of course. I cacooned myself into the comforter. I just wanted to live a life where I wasn't in constant fear of our subscribers finding out that we were dating. I wanted Dan to be proud to be my boyfriend, but he only wants to be known as my best friend... Maybe that's all he wants to be.