Prom

" Tacky"
" What are you going to a funeral...?"
" Really... I won't even bother."

" What?! You're all crazy, okay. This dress is gorgeous. "

" Should we just say yes so we can leave already?" Riley asked, leaning toward us.

" Well we don't want her to look like the corpse bride either." I suggested.

Gemma had been trying on prom dresses for MONTHS. She has never been as indecisive as she is now.
Prom is TOMORROW NIGHT. 

" I thought if any of us would be the picky one, it'd be Bree." Riley stated.

With a laugh and snort, Liv agreed.

Gemma now tried on a new dress.
She came walking out of the dressing room in a partially lace red dress that trailed slightly behind her.

" There. That's the one." Liv stated in awe.
I gave her a slow clap and exhaled with relief. The torture was finally over.

A smile grew across Gemma's face.

" You look beautiful, but buy that and let's GTFO." Riley said.

I clapped my hands together and we made our way to the store clerk.

" You girls finally ready?" The store clerk said with her arms crossed over her mostly unbuttoned shirt hanging far too low above her breasts.

Her eyeliner had been rubbed off and she had been chewing this gum for about 5 years.

" yup" I said.

Gemma changed quickly and we made our way to the cashier.

As Gemma bought her beautiful yet expensive dress, I couldn't help but notice a couple making out.

I shook my head, ah kids and their PDA. Wait... I'm a kid... With a boyfriend.

The blonde girl currently sucking some guy's face off near the sunglasses aisle had worn jeans that were flared at the bottom. A style I'm ashamed to say, is coming back. Not that anybody really wants them too, let's be honest.

I could have sworn I recognized her.

Yes, I do!!!!! From the looks of the big red purse she was carrying, I could tell it was Mandy Elliot. She was this hippie dressing chick who was the exact opposite of a hippie . The usual, started smoking at 12, overly clumped makeup, purple eyeshadow and fashion that is frowned upon. However she was still slightly popular. She was the biggest bitch you'd ever meet and for some reason had a personal vendetta against me.

Who would want to make out with her, you may ask. Everyone. Why? Not a damn clue. Her face caked with makeup, her style like that of a 70- year old prostitute but her body like a gymnast.

I turned back and Gemma had bought her dress.
She squealed and the other girls stopped looking at the jewelry as we made our way out.

It was getting late and the sun was getting lower, I could see it crashing through the window as we left the shop when...

" IAN.... IAN WTF"

Ian turned to me, his smiled faded.
A dumb look took over his DUMB IDIOT FACE.

A look of panic then took over.

" BREE ITS NOT -

" WHAT I THINK?? WHAT ON EARTH COULD IT BE THEN? SUCKING SNAKE VENOM OUT OF HER BIG FAKE LIPS. "

Mandy gasped her fake obnoxious gasp.

" JUST LISTEN BREE"

Yep. I had just caught my boyfriend cheating on me with a trash junkie whore.

" YEAH WELL YOU HAVE A TINY WEENY DICK SMALLER THAN A COCKROACH AND I HOPE YOU AND 70's AIDS PROSTITUTE HERE, HAVE A LOVELY TIME BURNING IN HELL." I screamed and stormed off.

" BREE PLEASE WAIT" I heard him yell.
My feet kept going.

My friends hurried behind me with quick words of comfort.

I couldn't listen though.

My brain was now crowded with how quickly things escalated.

My prom date and first kiss and boyfriend was a piece of trash MAN WHORE. I do not date rando's or cheaters. I really thought I found someone who cared, who understood, who was funny and sweet and kind.

We reached the car and I sat on the passenger's side.

" Bree, are you okay?? " Liv asked.

" I guess people aren't always who you thought they were." I said.
Slamming the car door shut as a migraine took over my head and tears started to cloud my vision.

The ride home was nothing but a really loud silence.