Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The New Gift

Aang led the pale Harry back to the Honeydukes where he followed Harry down the Honeydukes passage. He didn't say a word to Harry, but he didn't want him to be alone after all they had just heard. He led Harry down the dark passage by use of the Marauder's Map, and soon, they exited the passage. "Let's go down to dinner" said Aang hesitantly. Harry didn't seem to be listening.

They went down to the Great Hall, where they waited for the others to return. They did soon, and both Katara and Zuko saw the pale Avatar, and were both clearly confused. "Hey, Aang" said Bao, running over. "Not now" said Aang. "I'll talk later." Bao nodded, before he went with a few friends to the Great Hall.

Ron and Hermione led the way into the hall, as Katara approached Aang. "What happened?" she asked, staring at the back of Harry's head. "We just found out Harry's dad and Sirius Black were best friends" said Aang. Katara gasped, and Zuko's eyes widened. 'Black betrayed them to Voldemort" Aang added, and Katara looked down, shock written in her face. She left and went to join the others.

Zuko went to follow, but Aang grabbed his wrist. Zuko turned back, and Aang said 'I want you to give it to me straight, Zuko. Don't lie. If what I think is true is true, I won't be mad." "Okay" said Zuko, unsure of what was to come. Aang sighed, and said "Are you and Katara...?" but he stopped, as Zuko shook his head. 'No, Aang" said Zuko. "She just needed someone to talk to." "She could talk to me" said Aang. "She can't" said Zuko. 'Look, something happened. Something bad. I can't say anything because she doesn't want me too. But, if you really want to know, talk to her, Aang. You need to know." Zuko turned and walked towards the Slytherin table, leaving Aang confused and worried at the same time.

As they all returned to the common room, Aang watched as Harry snuck up to the boys' dormitory. "I'll see you guys later" Aang said, and he followed Harry up to the dormitory. Aang entered, and saw Harry sitting on his bed, looking at a picture. Harry could see a man that looked just like Harry and a woman with bright green eyes wearing a wedding dress. Those eyes were the exact same as Harry's. He shared his mothers' eyes. "Is that" but he stopped, as he noticed the best man. Compared to the pictures he'd seen in the paper of Black, he would never had thought it was the same person. Black was much brighter and happier in this picture, and he was full of laughter. Aang sat down on his bed, as Harry lied back and looked at it. 'The dementors don't affect him' Aang thought, as he watched Harry. 'Black doesn't hear the air nomads dying, or Harry's mom screaming'. Harry threw the picture into his bag, pulled his robes off, and lied back down.

The door opened. "Harry?" Ron asked, uncertainly. Ron looked over at Aang, who just shook his head. "Must've gotten to sleep as soon as he lied down." Ron nodded, and exited the room. "Thanks" muttered Harry. Aang nodded, before he stood up, and left Harry to his thoughts.

Harry had stayed up all night, hearing laughs from Fred, George, and Toph downstairs, to Sokka almost puking from the smell of dungbombs, and also from his thoughts. The image of his parents' wedding day was still engraved in his head. Harry had finally fallen asleep at daybreak, and had a dream. He was back in the Spirit World, and the giant creature Aang called Hei Bai was coming after him, when Aang swooped in, but Hei Bai ate him. Then, he was going to eat Harry.

Harry awoke the next morning, breathing rather heavily. He looked next to him, and saw Aang lying in bed, examining his wand. "Hey" said Aang, looking over to him. Harry nodded, before asking "What time is it?" "Around eleven-thirty" said Aang. "I've been awake for a while. I've just been lying here. Sokka and Ron went downstairs a while ago." Harry looked around. "Where is everyone else?" "It's the first day of Holidays" said Aang, standing up and throwing a shirt on. "Everyone's left. Come on, they'll be waiting for us."