1

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for reading if that is what you are here to do! Please vote and comment that'd be greatly appreciated! Enjoy!
•••
Elizabeth's Point of View
"What do you want for breakfast, little dude?" I call to my younger brother, Ryland who is sprawled out on the couch in the tv room.

"Lucky charms!" He calls back. I laugh, knowing those were his favorite. Ryland and I used to eat the marshmallows and leave the wheat-shapes for dad. But, we're older now and dad won't let us get away with it anymore.

I pour the cereal and milk into a bowl and drop a spoon into it. Once I put away the cereal box and milk, I walked his breakfast over to him.

"What're we watching?" I ask him as he has his eyes glued to the television.

"Max and Ruby!" Ryland chimes with sheer happiness.

Ryland was only 11 years old, he isn't like most of the kids his age. His imagination was bigger, and so was his innocence. That's what I admire most about my little brother.

Ry sits up on the couch to eat his cereal, accidentally rolling over onto the remote. The channel changes to the boring-old news channel.

I reach for the remote to change it back, but I stop to watch as the reporter is anxiously spitting out words about an unusual being that was found in a retirement home. They reported that this was a person, but with clouded eyes and a low growling moan.

My fingers quickly pushed the button to return to our previous show, I hoped that Ryland didn't pay attention to any of what they were saying.

My heart began racing, I tried to calm myself down by watching the small bunnies on the television show.

After a couple of minutes, the cartoon was interrupted by loud alarm sounds saying to stay inside your houses or nearest buildings and avoid people walking as if intoxicated.

I ran forward and shut off the tv to discontinue the loud sirens. Ryland looked straight into my eyes, his face draining of any color.

I raced over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "We are going to be okay." I mumbled, before racing to the front and back doors and locking them. I then grabbed the home phone and called my father.

"Dad?" I cried into the phone. "What's going on?"

"You'll be alright, honey. Stay inside the house, I will be there shortly." He spoke to me before hanging up the phone.

My hands were shaking really bad as I put the phone back on the charger.

"Let's go upstairs, Ry." I grabbed his hand and lead him to my room. "Bring your cereal."

He grabbed his cereal and my hand, I could feel his nerves through the shaking of his hands and his tight grip.

We sat on my bed, he curled up in my lap and took small bites of his cereal.

I decided to text my boyfriend, Tyler. He reassured me that everything will be alright, as the government seems to have it under control right now. I left Ryland to play video games. He got it off his mind pretty quickly.

I called Tyler and went into my room. I started crying into the phone because things like this scare the shit out of me. 

Tyler eventually just told me he would come over. 

I waited by the front door, wrapped in my cotton-candy pink blanket. As I sat and stared at my toes, I could hear the car door shut. I stood up and opened the door to see Tyler running to me. 

I ran and jumped into his arms, bawling into his shoulder like the baby I am. He rubbed small circles on my back and carried me up to my room. 

Tyler tightened the blanket around my shoulders. We laid on the carpet and looked at each other. 

"I am so thankful for you." I whispered, resting my hand on his cheek. 

"You're my world, my love." He answered. 

I scooted closer to him and pressed my lips to his. He moved in sync with me, his lips were soft and inviting. 

We spent the next few hours just talking and wondering where this world is headed. 

I heard the garage opening, dad is home.

I went to Ryland's room and saw him playing Call Of Duty. I went downstairs with Tyler and waited for my dad to come in.

My dad ran into the kitchen and threw his work bag onto the chair. 

"Dad is everything okay?" I rushed.

"I need to run to the store, quickly." He flashed me a look that told me things were about to get really messed up. "Stay here with Ryland, please."

I nodded and looked into Tyler's eyes. My dad rushed back out into his car and drove off. I looked down at my shaking hands and walked over to the television. 

I turned it on to the news channel. They reported that an outbreak has officially started.