Prologue: How it all started

5 year old Mendi POV

My mom was curling my hair as I squirmed in the seat. "Mommy my head hurts."

"I'm almost done baby." She gripped my hair into a ponytail and put some cream into my hair. "Alright lets get you dressed." She pulled my dress out. My mom picked it out for me and thought it looked pretty on me. I felt like a Bratz doll which was ok. Once I was dressed she gave me my earrings and shoes. "You look so beautiful." She spun me around. I look like a Bratz doll now.

"Thanks mommy." She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Come on everyone wants to see you." My mom makes a big deal of everything. When we were outside everyone gasped and took pictures. I looked around for my best friend. He was waiting by the car with his mommy. 

"Chres!" I wanted to walk to him but my mom held my hand tightly. Chresanto's mom walked him over. He gave me a flower to put around my wrist.

"They are so cute." Some lady gushed. The pictures never stopped.

"This is weird." Chresanto looked disgusted. I giggled.

"Yea." I batted my lashes at him smiling brightly. 

"Alright they need to go. Come on kids." My mom put me in the car first then she helped strap Chresanto in. On the drive to the dance me and chres were playing hand games like rock paper scissors and shame shame shame. My mom got us out the car and took us inside. All my friends were standing in a corner so I ran over to them. We talked about tv and dolls while the boys talked about sports and action figures. After a while we danced and ate some food. I had a lot of fun.

"You and Chresanto look pwetty." My friend Angela told me.

"Yea. You guys look like a mommy and daddy." My friend Nya said.

"We don't look like that."I respond.

"Whatever. He has cooties anyway." She flips her hair. I cross my arms over my chest.

"NO HE DOESN'T." I stomp my foot for more effect. She just shrugs. I walk over to Chresanto when the boys have moved away from him.

"Thanks for coming with me Chresanto."

"Well you are my best friend. I wouldn't come with anyone else." 

"AWWW." I hugged him tightly.

"CHRES AND MENDI LETS GO." It was Chres' mom that got us. She dropped me off at home first.

"Thank you Mrs. August." I tell her as she takes me out the car.

"You're very welcome." Her and Chres walked me to the door. My mom helped me get ready for bed. I went to bed thinking about Chresanto. I really love him.

That's 5 year old Mendi and 6 year old Chresanto. Vote and comment on this story please. :)