Chapter One.

You awakened from your deep slumber to find yourself in your cosy little cabin on the battle ship. The ocean gently rocked the ship back and forth between the waves. You laid on your bed staring up at the rusty wooden timbers on the ceiling. It was another day at work, another day at war with the Germans.

You are Olivia and you are a maid on the battle ship. It is hard being a maid because you have to clean the cabins, do the washing for the soldiers, supply the soldiers with food and a lot more hard work.

You got up and got dressed, brushed your teeth and hair and headed out the door. You made your way through the battle ship to the kitchen. This wasn't any ordinary kitchen. This one had 18 stoves and ovens, 24 fridges and 58 members of staff, all compact into one huge room. You pushed the door open and saw a lot of people rushing toward you. You spotted your best friend Alice in the swarm of people.
"What's going on?!" You yelled toward Alice over the voices of the frantic staff.
"Tonight we have all been invited a party on a fancy ship by the Duke of Cambridge! Isn't that exiting! All off the staff and soldiers are going to be there!" Alice looked delighted and gave you a huge grin. You opened your mouth to speak, you were cut of by Alice's words. "Olivia a can't hear you!?" Alice grabbed you hand and pulled you through the people towards the doorway and slammed the door.
"Sorry Olivia, all of those people are doing my head in. They have been going on about it all morning." She said in a jokingly manner. You giggled.
"It's great that we get a break to go to a party! I'm so exited!" You smiled in excitement. Alice suddenly looked worried and concerned.
"Livy what are you going to wear!? You have to wear something beautiful. You know what, after my shift I'm coming to your cabin and we are going to pick out the best outfit for you!" She smiled again which made you feel safe from the worry.
"Alice that would be wonderful, I would love that." Alice pulled you in for a hug. As you pulled away you heard an unfamiliar voice.
"Alice we need you in the kitchen now." It was a member of staff you didn't recognise. She had blonde hair tied up, rather short and slim.
"Alright Penelope." Alice yelled as she began to walk back to the kitchen.
"See you tonight Olivia." She winked as she walked away.