Destiny

I caught the scent of different emotions as soon as I reached the front door of the pack house, anxiety was the most predominant emotion I perceived and it was quite overwhelming. Mom had called earlier telling me to hurry home, apparently the Oracle had gotten a message from Nirvana and every pack member had to be present before Zoya- the Oracle would divulge the message of the goddess, Nirvana.

All eyes were on me as soon as I entered the house.

"Asia! What took you so long?! We waited for you for over 3 hours!" My mom yelled obviously displeased with my absence.

"I'm so sorry mom! but honestly, guys should have gone ahead and just given me the deets later, where's the Oracle?"

"You! I don't know what to do with you young lady!" Ah. Mom was real mad, that was obvious.

"I'm sorry.. I really am. How was I supposed to know there'd be an emer-" I was rudely interrupted by the Oracle- Zoya.

"Asia. Welcome." She spoke with a frown on her face.

"Zoya" I had the right to address her that way. I was the Chroniclers daughter and why else would I address the Oracle that way? I disliked her that's why.

"Selene, may I proceed? Asia is back and I suppose it is time I tell the pack what goddess Nirvana has said" She asked my mother completely ignoring me.

My mother looked straight to my father who sat patiently on the couch by the window seeking for approval from him, for the Oracle to begin

"Yes, Oracle. You May" my mother replied her just after gaining approval from my father.

Zoya half-smiled and walked to the center of the room, as she did, the whole room feel silent.

"We are all aware of the issue on ground, everyone is aware of the fact that the end of our race is fast approaching and Nirvana intends on keeping her word. She drew me to the stars and she spoke to me. Just as she destroys, Nirvana is also merciful and compassionate. A member of this pack has found great favour in the site of the goddess and as a result, the goddess has decided to show us the way to eternal immortality, through that person."

Silence.

Who? Who would be so lucky to have found such favour in the eyes of the goddess? Just who?

"Oracle, Please go on, I am eager" an older lady pleaded

"As you wish" the Oracle responded

"The goddess was to punish us for the sins of our ancestors by putting an end to our kind- but we have been saved. Nirvana has chosen a female immortal, to save us. Indeed it is a first"

A lot of Immortalists belonged to the school of thought that females 'are' useless, so the only things females did was to manage the home and produce children.

"Oracle. Do. Not. Keep. Me. In. Suspense." I could feel the rage coming off my father as he said those words. I wondered if he was mad at the fact that it was a female that was chosen. I always had this feeling that he hated women- me to be precise, but he never showed it, he never did.

"Chronicler. It is Asia. Nirvana has chosen Asia" She responded

I opened my mouth wide in shock. Me? I turned to look at my father immediately and I discovered he had a blank expression on. Was he mad? Surprised? Shocked? Happy? Jealous? Oh Nirvana, why me? Sure this was a joke hey? It had to be!

"Are you sure you heard Nirvana properly? Did you see correctly? You have got to be kidding me! You are? right?" Okay. It was getting really funny and scary. Me? Asia Sinatra Jackson? I was not even done