[0]

day 1, 4-23-17

I walked down a long hallway like I usually do everyday, letting the smell of the doctors office hit me in the face. Another day of giving patients chemotherapy, oh isn't life just a dream. I didn't originally want to work as a doctor but I ended up falling down that path. The people I meet everyday, oh I just fall in love with them. But it's hard because you don't know which patients are gonna make it or not.

A young man about my age walked into the waiting room as a walked into my office, he was staring at me. He had dead eyes and he was very pale, he reminded me of someone I knew but I couldn't exactly remember.

I walked into my office and threw my purse on the desk. I grabbed my keys off the hook on the wall and opened the filing cabinet. I looked through the appointments I have scheduled for today. Twenty-four patients needing therapy, I sighed, it's sad how many people have diseases.

"Mrs.Mathews ?" I heard behind me. I looked towards the door, it was the girl from the front office.

"Yes?" I smiled.

"There's an early patient, do you think you can get him in soon?" She raised one eyebrow.

"I'll try to finish up as soon as I can, tell him maybe another 10 to fifteen minutes."

"Okay." She tapped the wall lightly and walked away. I put my elbows on the desk and ran my fingers through my hair, sighing.

I sat down in my desk chair and turned on my computer, yes one of those old crappy DELL ones. It's sucks but it's all I can get right now. I opened my files and looked through what the patients I'm treating today's diagnoses are. I'm not really supposed to share it with other people, no doctors supposed to talk to anyone about it when it's not around the office. But this first boy Ethan, he has cancer. He stuck out to me for some odd reason.

I looked through his profile gathering all the information I needed. I got up from my desk and walked out to the office.

"Ethan Dolan!" I called. The boy with the pale skin and dead eyes got up. He still had some sort of glow to him, he smiled. Those eyes aren't as dead as I thought.

I smiled back, I lead him to the therapy room. He sat down on the table and I started off by grabbing the clipboard with his information.

"So Ethan, have you had Chemo before?"

"Never." He looked down and gulped. I could tell he was scared.

"Ok, its pretty simple."

I took his arm and poked the crease of his arm, damn these muscles.

"We poke a needle right here and inject medicine."

"Oh o-okay." He looked nervous.

"Can I see your arm?" He extended his arm out. I opened the cleaning wipe and whipped the crease of his arm, he was shaking.

"It's cold." He chuckled. I smiled at him.

"Hold still." I said getting the needle ready.

"I'll try." He mumbled.

I wrapped the tourniquet around the top of his arm. I slowly put the needle in, Making sure not to pop his vein.

"Sit still for five minutes." I said taking off my gloves and throwing them away.

"Any questions while you wait?" I smiled.

"Yeah actually."

"What is it?"

"Am I going to die." He had tears welling up in his eyes looking at the ceiling.

{}

Yo yo yo tell me what you think of this in the comments 😋
Peace✌🏼️ (sorry for any mistakes)