Romeo and Juliet of the Angels

i sigh softy, as Marilyn grooms my white feathered wings,pulling lightly.I bare my teeth as she pulls out the dead ones. She looks at me over her glasses with her sturn lavender eyes, her wings folded neatly behind her back and shakes her head.

"Anna, you need to look good for your first day at school."

School-a special school meant for angels like myself. Ones that are trained for guarding as well as fighting. There are many types of angels, guardian,avengeing, and the keepers. And there are also two types of Tribes: Dark, and Light. Usually we go to seperate schools, but recently the mighty creator put them together. He says we need to learn to live in harmony.

Guardian Angels are angels that will be assigned to watch over a person, one that needs guideance. Useally the are paired up with an Avengeing Angel, to fight off the demons that try to harm the human or guardian. Then we have the Keeper angels. These are the keepers of soul books, kinda like librarians. But the do more than that, they seek out those who must be eliminated, controled helplessly by the Evil one. Of course that might sound harsh, but it is needed.

Now, the tribes. Light, and Dark have been enemies for the longest time. no one knows why exactly, only the keepers do. but they of course do reveal a thing. I have always beeen told that a dark angel could never be anything but an avenger, because they can easily be corrupted. Hance why the now added a fighing class for guardians. I never seen a Dark angel before, and tomorrow will be my first day to see for myself what they look like.

Also, another important thing to know about us Angels, we have a ranking. my father is the highest an angel can be. He keeps the creators most important soul books, and has the ability to change want needs to be done. hes kinda like his right hand man, ya know? Then theres the head avenger, and head guardian. these are the people who protect the heavens. they have been the same for the last 500 years. Of course they are much older. 500 is the age at which we come of age, and go to school.

Most people thing angels have all these powers, and will strike you dead if you sin. but that is misguided. We do have powers, but each is unique to ourselves, and we dont kill just because one sins. We always try to mereley better them.

I ruffle my feather slightly in thought, earning a mumble of annoyance from Marilyn. i look back at her apologetically,and pick up my brush. i begin to brush my hair slowly, letting the blond strands that come loose fall lightly. I look into the gold gilded mirror that was in front of me and examine my reflection. my crystal blue eyes stare back at me thoughtfully and i put my brush down now braiding my hair into a shimmering rope of gold.

"Marilyn, do you think the dark Angels will be mean to me?" i ask her looking at the woman who reflected in the mirror behind me. She looks up startled by this question and shakes her head.

"Of course not my dear one. you are to pretty a thing for that."

"hm."

I know what she says is true, because every angel has beauty. this is merely because there is beauty in innocence. My greatest aspects though, are my hair and eyes. But i still think im an average looking angel. I sigh heavily and look down.

"You know, a sigh like that is very unangel like."

I look over to the door, where my mother stands in the doorway, her dress of gold shimmering slightly, and even more so as she comes closer. i smile and lean against her, as Marilyn moves away to leave.

"What could have my lovely flower all in a fuss?"

i look up at her, her Turqois eyes sparkleing with amusement.

"Just worried about school tomorrow."

"Sweety, no need to worry, youll get black feathers-WAIT! is that one?"

"wha-where?" i panic

She laughs softly and pats my hair, scanning my face she kisses my cheek.

"My dear, relax ok? you will be fine. now come, dinner is ready." with that she sweeps out of the room.