Chapter 1

Dom's POV

(Sunday)

"What do you think she'll be like?" I ask my soon-to-be beta and best friend max.

"I don't know, but whoever she is she'll be an amazing Luna and mate." He assures crumpling a piece of paper and shooting it across the room. It landed just to the right of the trash bin, among many other failed attempts.

"You're never gonna make that shot max, your too far away, plus you suck at basketball," I say crossing my arms expressionless.

"Oh really? You think you can do any better?" He says throwing his arms in the air.

"I don't think, I know. I bet I make it first shot."

"Fine but when you miss I get to drive the Mustang to school tomorrow." He says tossing me a piece of paper crumpled into ball form.

"Ok and when I do make it you have to take the bus tomorrow."

"Hey wait no...."

It was too late the shot was up and landed perfectly into the bin.

"Never make a bet with a Alpha max."

"Yeah, well we didn't even shake on it so it doesn't count." He tries to get out of the hole he dug himself.

"Have fun riding the bus tomorrow max." I laugh.

"Come on Dom I can't ride the bus...I'll do anything I'll...I'll clean your room for a week."

I look around at my room to see everything in tip-top shape, except for the scattered pile of crumpled paper next to my trash can.

"I think I've got that covered pretty well already but you can pick up all your failed attempts and actually put them in the trash."

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He mumbles and go's to retrieve his retired paper basketball career.

"So who do you think your mates gonna be?" He asks placing the paper in the can.

"Honestly in have no fucking clue," I say letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

Stef's POV

(Monday)

*Ding*

*Ding*

*Ding*

My alarm sounds.

I open my eyes only to be blinded by the sun pouring through the windows of my room.

Covering my eyes I reach over and grab the small black remote that is sitting on my nightstand and press the red button.

This remote was like a walkie talkie between myself and anyone downstairs. All I'd do is press the red button in the middle and it would make sounds downstairs, telling anyone and everyone that I was awake and ready to get out of bed.

Why do I have to do this You ask?

Oh because I'm hooked up to a million different wires, tubes, and the machine's due to my very serious lung condition called 'CRAP LUNGS'.

When I was born shit happened and almost caused my lungs to collapse. The doctors told my parents that I had a 40 percent chance of living but here I am now almost 17 years old, with crooked lungs.

The only way that my lungs could be fixed was to complete the wolf transformation and let my lungs heal like an injury.

Wolf transformation usually happens on every female wolfs 17th birthday, and my 17th birthday just happens to be tomorrow.