The Mercenaries

We fought our hardest each and every time all those years ago but never would a battle be won...
I'm Noire and I chose to not be discouraged by that tale. I myself after all these years become a criminal stealing goods from the other side with some friends I made along the way. We call ourselves the Wings of Freedom. We fight against the Kai Lords despite how pointless it may seem. Our base is hidden underground in the depths of the capital of the Kai Lords, Xillia. There used to be another side named Agnus Lords, they would work together to better the people until the King of the Kai Lords became filled with greed. His mad craving for power became a full on campaign to crush the Agnus Lords. Unfortunately that campaign was successful. This type of government goes on even today in the year of 2050. All thoughts of a democracy where everyone can have a say was snuffed out. The Kings line of family inherited this senseless greed and each ruler is worse than the last. One day my Father could not handle such world and formed the Winged Mercenaries. This consists of me, one of our field units who goes out and fights and carries out the Theft related missions. My partner and our only other field unit is Reiner he is a masculine 6'5 tank who always gives his all in is great in high pressure situations. Then there are our strategists Arlene and Gustavo. They're extremely smart and can work around almost any situation. We met Gustavo, Arlene, and Reiner together one day on the streets being attacked. We made it out and formed the mercenaries and have been with them since. Then there are my Father and Mother who are in charge of our weaponry. They make sure we are properly equipped with weapons that benefit our mission.

"Noire I've got your next mission." Arlene said.

"What have you got for me Arlene?" I answered back.

"Apparently King Ishcus has a new weapon, it's a mechanical dog with poisonous teeth razor Sharp claws and unmatched agility." Arlene explained. "They are about to put it in Mass Production, since the resources are somewhat rare."There is only one in existence and it's being held in the capital your mission is to eliminate the prototype." Arlene said.

"Okay the concept seems easy enough but if it's anything like the mechanical armor the soldiers use then ordinary bullets won't help." I said.

"Thats why I've prepared an exploding shuriken that on contact will destroy any metal." Arlene said proudly." However there's one catch you have to go alone, if you get caught set off a smoke bomb and use these. Arlene says handing me a strange pair of glasses.

"What's with the snazzy specs?" I say in a joking manner.

"These 'snazzy specs' are going to help you see through the smoke therefore helping you find an exit faster. Arlene explained.

"Have you named this yet?" I asked.

"Nope." Arlene answered back.

"Well I know exactly when to call it, the Smoke Specs!" I say proudly.

"Wow, riveting truly a work of art!" Arlene said sarcastically. Just get out there and destroy that prototype. Arlene said.

Arlene told me that the prototype was being held in a common warehouse so I knew this would be a walk in the park. I ran my route and escape by my mother like I usually do and headed out. Since our base is underground I have to walk through a secret tunnel that takes us to the surface. Tunnels like these are actually very viable options of getting around. Some slaves one day used it to retreat from the captors and succeded. However no one knows where they are now. Some say they have their own resistance now like us but I haven't seen any orchestrated attacks so I don't know how truthful that is. I made my way to the warehouse without a hint of detection. Strangely enough I didn't find any guards at all. I open the door to the warehouse where the mechanical mutt is and find no defenses at all. I felt something eerie in the atmosphere. I quickly dismiss it and pull out the shuriken and take aim when I hear cough coming from the roof of the building. I look up and to my shock I see roughly 60 soldiers hiding on the ceiling lying in wait to attack. They catch on extremely quickly and jump off the ceiling surrounding me. I swiftly pull out a smoke bomb and put on the Specs to see where I'm going. I dodge the confused soldiers and make my way out of the warehouse undetected and into the secret tunnel. My Mother eagerly waiting for me asks me

"How did the mission go honey?"

"I made it into the warehouse but was trapped by soldiers who were hiding on the ceiling." I replied.

"Well it's okay my sweet Noire, you tried your best.

By then it was already late and most of the crew was asleep. I took my bunk and thought about the mission.
Questions like, "How did they know I was coming and "Am I getting sloppy flew around in my mind. Eventually I made it through the night, dispelling all the thoughts of my mind.

********** Next Morning **********

I rise up in the morning to a bowl of cereal on the table. Most of our food and drinks we buy come from an underground market. However every time we go we pose as slaves. Fools them every single time. I give Arlene the lowdown on what happened on the mission, and she suprisingly took it well. She understood that some variables on this mission were not accounted for and therefore led to its eventual failure. We carry on with our day and wait for Gustavo to come back with more Intel on what we can do about the new weapons the King has prepared. I know it won't be the last time I see one those.

Hey guys it's me TalesFromLuma and I've decided to make this new story and have a fresh start so here's the new story. Don't forget to Vote and more importantly comment so I can know what you guys think. I went with a bold choice and I hope it pays off.