one

(A/N) hey, hey! guess who's back with a new story! off to the side is Harley Wilde, who is played by Amandla Stenberg. i hope you enjoy this lil' chapter!

Oh, since I can't add multiple pictures to a chapter, here's Tucker Fitzgerald, played by a beanie-wearing Dylan Sprayberry!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year is going to be different, I thought to myself as I walked down the street to my bus stop. I was clad in a black skater skirt, a (tucked in) white button down shirt, and black combat boots with my book bag slung over my shoulder. My curly fro was out and I had some natural makeup on.

Today was my first day of 10th grade, and I was determined start the year off on a good note.

Starting with getting over Naomi... I immediately shook the thought of her out of my brain. Don't think about her. She doesn't exist right now, 'kay?

"Hey, loser." I turned to see my childhood best friend, Tucker. He was wearing a gray t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and his signature beanie. Tucker and I have been basically joined at the hip ever since I kicked his kindergarten bully in the balls. I was pretty bad ass in kindergarten. We're so close that my mom calls him her "son she never had." She thought we were going to get married, but that was before I came out as a lesbian. 

"Tucker! Hey!" I ran over to him and pulled him into a hug. This would be the part that I would complain about how hard it was to reach his shoulders because I'm incredibly short (5'3" ugh), but nope. Tucker has the short genes just like me, as he reaches a whopping 5 foot 5. He still taunts me about how he's 2 inches taller than me, though. That's why I wear a lot of heels. 

"Harley, I literally saw you yesterday. Why are you hugging me like we haven't seen each other in years?" Tucker said, amused. 

I rolled my eyes and released him. "Because, you only live once! You never know what could happen so we should cherish every moment like it's our last." 

Tucker chuckled. "Did you seriously just use YOLO on me? Okay, what's the real reason?" 

I sighed. "I need reassurance, and you give reassuring hugs. I'm trying to start this year off right, and avoid a repeat of last year." I dramatically shuddered as I recalled the events of freshman year. 

Now, it was Tucker's turn to roll his eyes. "C'mon, 9th grade wasn't THAT bad. I think you're overreacting, just a bit." 

"Overreacting? My ex-best friend/crush completely ignored me after I confessed my feelings to her and then proceeded to tell the entire student body that I was 'an obsessive lesbian who stalks her.' It wasn't fun to be excluded from your classmates and for people to stare at you and mutter things about you under their breath when you walk by. It was horrible." 

"Harley. People talked about it for like a day and then forgot about it. I punched that one guy who openly bothered you about it, remember? Sure, Naomi acted like a little bitch to you, but the rumors she spread died down really quickly. And by the way, we were kind of already outcasts before any of that shit happened. I'm just being honest." 

I sighed and nodded. He was right. It wasn't that serious, and it was in the past now anyways. However, that didn't mean that I wasn't hurt by Naomi's betrayal. But, I wasn't going to mention that to Tucker. I had already cried on his shoulder for hours last year about it. Now, I had to move on. 

"Good. Can we get on the bus now, before it drives away without us?" Tucker gestured to the school bus waiting beside us. 

I smiled as he threw his arm around me and we walked to the bus together. 

//

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of my homeroom class. 

I had spotted Naomi through the tiny window on the door to the room, so I knew she was in the class.

I'm not ready to face her...I can't face her. I thought anxiously. The minutes ticked by until the late bell finally sounded and I realized that I couldn't stand outside forever. I sighed and opened the door to the classroom.

The teacher stopped mid-sentence and turned to look at me. The rest of the classroom also turned to stare at me. Including Naomi.

I gulped and looked down.

"Ah, nice of you to finally join us. Since it's the first day, I'll let you off with a warning. Tardiness is taken seriously in this classroom, and usually is followed by a detention. Now, delinquent, can you tell us your name?" The tall male teacher asked. 

"Um, my name is Harley. Harley Wilde." I shockingly said with a calm and collected tone of voice. 

"Nice to meet you, Harley. Please take a seat right over-" The teacher looked around and then pointed to a seat towards front of the classroom. As I followed his gaze and saw the seat, I immediately froze.

Shit. 

The seat was right next to Naomi.

I looked at the teacher and then reluctantly walked towards the seat, making sure not to make eye contact with Naomi. As I sat down, he began speaking again.

"Good. Now, as I was saying, my name is Mr. Davidson, and I will be your homeroom teacher for the entire year. Although it is homeroom, it is still an educational period, so we will still learn something in here. We will do things like..." I zoned out his voice as I tried not to look at her. I tapped my pencil on my desk to distract myself. 

"Can you stop that?" Naomi whispered. I sucked in a breath as I continued to stare at my desk, but stopped tapping the pencil. 

"Thanks." She said once I stopped. I could feel her copper eyes staring at me. 

It was silent for a moment, but then Naomi whispered again. "Can you at least look at me? I hate being ignored." 

Her saying that angered me so much that I looked up and stared her straight in the eye. "I hate being ignored too. I also hate being betrayed. But, you didn't care much about that, did you? So, why should I care about you?" 

This time, she was the one to avert her eyes and stare at her desk. 

I smiled a little to myself and turned my attention back to Mr. Davidson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N) anddd there you have it! The first chapter of Silver & Copper! I know, it was kinda short, but I hope you enjoyed! I'm really excited for this story! I will update when I can, but I will try to be frequent. I have so many good ideas and plans for this story guys, you have no idea. and i will tryyy to stay committed to this one guys. don't give up on me!

follow, vote, and comment!

xoxo IceeKream