Start Doing Your Part

Condition Yourself to Take Responsibility

The easiest aspect to change in any situation is yourself & this is the mindset that will have you looking for ways to take on criticisim and find opportunities to make progress. By staying engaged with how you address your actions and words, those around you will appreciate your efforts - and you will too.

Practice Instant Personal Forgiveness

There is no such thing as a conflict free relationship or situation; the only thing you can hope for is to seek out resolution or progress oriented relationships and situations. In order to be a part of that equation, you first have to learn to take responsibility for every single thing you do. Then you've got to learn to turn a mistake into a learning experience without getting discouraged. It takes some time, but with mindful consistency, you will gain the confidence that comes with accepting yourself and moving on over and over again.

Seek Out Feedback & Do Your Research

So, own what you've done (regardless of how it felt) - reflect and move on from any shame - and lean in to the experience.

Google it, ask another party about their perspective, and pay attention to what you can do differently next time. Apologize, if needed. Write about how the process felt. Vent about how uncomfortable it was. Promise to go through the whole thing next time you make a comment that grates your audience or make the wrong assumption about someone's identity.

Cultivate an Intentional Lifestyle

After you follow this process a few times, you will find yourself paying more attention to how your words and actions affects other lives. Maybe you will want to change how you impact those around you...

I can only hope that you will commit to a growth mindset. In every day and every way, we could be doing better. Use research on skill aquisition to inspire yourself to dedicate time and effort to improving your own personal behavior & I will too.

In fact, I will anyways.