My Foster Family

My name? Oh it's Karma. Karma Liften. Well, now it's Karma Sanders.

I sit at the only bed I've known for 8 years of my life. I've woken up to the same routine day after day. My foster family isn't all that cracked up to be. No one in that family actually loves me like their own. I had three sisters (11, 12, and 14 years) and two twin brothers that were 9 in my foster family. They were the Sanders family.

You'd think they'd love me right? Well they don't. They practically hate me and they don't even want me in this house. I'm the same age as Melanie, 11.

I wouldn't be living in this house if my mom hadn't left me by myself 8 years ago. My dad had died before I was born. Or at least thats what I've been told. My mom had to be devastated. I would grow up without a father-figure in my life. Maybe that's the reason she left. No one ever thought she'd leave her baby girl but I guess she couldn't handle being a mom without any help.

Anyways that is how I got in this house. I was always excluded from the "Family Fun Fridays". I guess I wasn't considered to be "family".

---------------------------------------------------

"Karma! Get down here if you want breakfast!" Mrs. Sanders yelled up the stairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. Impatient much?

Walking down the stairs, I bumped into Jack and Jakob.

"Really?" I said as they bumped into me, hitting my hip on the hand rail.

They ignored me, like always, and still ran down the rest if the stairs.

Grabbing my hip, I limped down the stairs. I walked into the bathroom to get the brush. I brushed through my thick, Carmel-colored hair. I put it up in a quick pony. It was that simple. I wasn't the type to fix my hair for hours.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen to the breakfast table. Everyone was already sitting down.

I hated when they stared at me, watching every move.

I got the last bit of breakfast left. A piece of toast and one sunny side up egg.

I ate then went back up the creaky stairs that seemed like it took a year to get up. I walked down the hall to my room. It had peach colored walls and soft white carpet. My comforters and sheet were also white. It was a simple room with a dresser and bed. Nothing special.

I opened up my drawer and took out a vanilla-cream colored sweater. I opened the other drawer and took out my light colored jeans with rips. The rips were meant to be there. The only thing I liked about this family is that I get to go shopping with them. So, I could pick out the clothes I wanted. I put my white low-top converse on. My favorite outfit.

I walked back downstairs to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I'm so glad I was in 6th grade and not in elementary school anymore. I was finally with the mature people. Or are they?

I got into the car and we were off to school. I actually liked going to school. That's because my friends liked me being there. They were the only ones.

"Hey Maddie!" I said running over to her.

"Hey Karma." she said.

We stood there for about 15 more minutes until the bell rang. We walked inside and went to our first hour classes.

I went to my locker and grabbed the stuff I'd need for the morning classes I had. My first hour was art. I walked over to my guy best friend since 1st grade.

"Hey Mack." I said.

His real name was Mackenial. (Muh-ken-yul) Yes, a very weird name he had.

"Hey where you going?" He asked looking at my schedule.

"Art. You?" I asked back.

"Gym." He said.

"Oh I'd hate having gym first hour!" I told him.

We walked the same way until we spilt into the two hallways leading to the gym and the art rooms. I walked into the door of the art room and sat at my seat. I still had 3 min before the bell would ring to start school.

--------After School-------

I waited for my ride to pick me up. Mr. Sanders would pick me up today because Mrs. Sanders was working at that time. I think he was the only one that had a little love in his heart just for me.

My sisters and I waited for a while until his shiny black car showed up in the parking lot. We walked over and got in.

"Hey, dad." I etched out of my mouth hoping I wouldn't regret it.

"Hi daddy!" Said Melanie and Karlee.

"Hey Girls. How was your day at school?" He asked us while he pulled out of the parking space.

"Eh wasn't bad." I said looking out the window.

We drove for about 25 minutes past fields of corn and farms until we got home.

The house was around lots of farms but it was a very nice house if I say so myself. I mean, at least I didn't end up with parents that wouldn't be able to afford much.

He drove into the garage and then we got out and walked through the garage door leading into the kitchen.

"I'm starving!" said Melanie opening the pantry and grabbing a granola bar.

I walked up to my room to do my homework. I only had to do a few things. I don't really socialize with my "family". I love them but they just don't seem to love me. No matter what I do, get straight A's, clean around the house; Nothing.

I finished my homework and went to go read a book. I had a really strong urge to look out my window and I had no clue why. I went up to my bedroom window and peeked out. I saw the house across the street. It's been for sale for about a year now. Suddenly, I saw a moving truck pull into the driveway...

A/n: Hey I've been working on this for a while now. I decided its good enough to publish on here. Let me know how it is! Thanks!

-Jay