Love is Blind: Chapters 11-15

Chapter 11: Practice Makes Perfect (Singing)

Sophie and I headed to my room, to start practice.

"Wow Francis, pretty big room here."

"Nah, it's nothing."

I took out my music player, and started to scroll down, to the point where I found what I was looking for.

"Hey, Sophie, you're familiar with the lyrics already, right?"

"Yeah! That's like one of my favorite songs!" 

"Good, now, get ready."

I tapped on the song, and instantly heard the instrumental. This version of the song was an instrumental, so we could sing. I waited for the cue of the first line, which was sung by the male. 

As I started to sing, I continued to look outside, through the window, to the clear blue sky.

I stopped singing, because I knew it would be the girl's part.

As Sophie began to sing, her voice brought me back wonderful memories about when we were still together. It all felt so nostalgic, as she had the voice of an angel.  Lost in the forest that is her voice, I forgot that the chorus, which the male and female sing, was nearing.

I sang, and listened to our voices. I tried to adjust my voice to match with hers. 

At the end of the song, we looked at each other, then smiled.

"That was good, we're gonna win this, right?"

"Of course." I replied. "Just like old times." I've never talked about it, but, Sophie and I have joined a few singing competitions as a couple, when we were in high school.

We continued to sing some more, singing some duet songs, that I just had. We practiced our individual songs too, and opened up to each other more. 

We rested our voices for a while, and went down to get some water. Once we had got down, I noticed it was already nighttime.

"Oh wow Sophie, it's late already, don't you have to go home already?"

Sophie glanced at me for a while. "Francis, I don't have anyone to go home to, it's lonely at my home."

"Sophie, I live here alone, alone. You don't see me crawling up to anyone, do you?"

"Gee Francis, couldn't you be more sensitive? I'm a girl, not a guy."

I exhaled. "Alright, what do you want me to do about it?" I then slowly drank from a glass of water.

"Allow me to sleep in your house for at least just tonight."

I nearly coughed out the water I drank, but managed to swallow it. "Sophie, tell me you are kidding."

Sophie looked at me with focus. "Do I look like I'm kidding?"

"But Sophie, I only have one bed."

"Then we'll sleep together."

My face went red like a flame.

"Sophie, no!"

"Why Francis? We're just friends. Besides, I won't tell anyone about it."

I thought for a few more minutes, when suddenly, I looked at Sophie's eyes, which were staring into the deepest recesses of my soul. "GAH! Alright! You can stay!"

"Really? Yay!" Sophie jumped, as I was still recuperating from the sight of her eyes.

I exhaled, then my stomach started to grumble.