Prologue

Red and blue.

The television screen blazes with red and blue lights gleaming from the police car. Amy increases the volume and the screen is now blaring the same disturbing news again and again.

'A wrecked car found....... crashed...10 pm....body...fatal injuries'

'Still unconcious...or could be dead...'

All that is being said sounds just like a faint murmur to Alex's ears and her agitated mind keeps on stirring wrecking thoughts about everything going on tonight. Moreover, the next headline on the crashed car's number has her  tumbling to the floor, gasping and choking on her own breath and tears.

Sean.

She  had only feared that the car would belong to him but now that the  news has just made it certain she feel the urgent need to go and get to him and if she doesn't she very well knows that her overwhelming guilts will soon be driving her to hysterics. She  hurries past Amy and reaches for the door and just as she opens it, a cold chill gushes in leading trails of snow flakes from the front porch to spread across the floor and on her.

'Alexis, don't be stupid! Wait till the storm is gone!'

'No! I cannot waste another minute here thinking whats happening to him!'

She steps outside, then almost slips on the layers of snow but Amy reaches out to her in time, saving her from hitting the ground. Amy wraps herself around Alex to comfort while Alex stand silent and still, knowing what to do yet feeling defeated.

'Please Amy lets go! Lets drive slow then, it'll do..i just..i-'

Alex is reluctant to step inside and keeps on refusing yet Amy is firm on her hold and is somehow dragging her in. No longer able  to hold on to all the rush of mixed emotions, unable to chain all anxieties and guilts Alex breaks out a sob  but not giving up and still pleading Amy  to take her there as if her life depends on it.

'Shsh...'

'Amy, how could i be so insensetive! If only i had begged him hard enough to make him stay...he wouldn't have crashed...i-'

'Shsh..Alex you know you did try to make him stay... and it'll all be well just lets-wait. Okay?'

'Please tell me he will be fine. He cannot simply be dead!'

'He will. Lets hope okay?'

Alex glances at the  mute television and  the headline's keeps on flashing across, making the whole situation seem unsettling, his name being repeatedly mentioned.

'...the paramedics are finding it difficult.....storm...haven't yet reached the...'

'Officers are trying to keep the victim....Sean ...'

Helpless and numb Alex almost sticks to the screen reading every line on the news, staring at the only letters S.E.A.N  M.I.L.L.E.R no matter how painful it feels. She is inattentive to the burn in her eyes. For several seconds she keeps on  reminding herself not to blink once, she wants to see him. She wants to keep tracking him. At the very moment she is afraid; afraid to lose him.

She rushes to the room to retrieve her cellphone thinking maybe a call can help her get to him. Using all the strength left in her she  dials  his number, hands yet still trembling from the slight exertion put into dialling.

Amy too comes rushing to the room.

'Alexis?!'

Weary from having to keep patience for an hour knowing Sean met with an accident, Alex stumbles to the floor and soon props herself against the bed post, growing impatience with every ring.

'Hellow?'

'Hellow! Se-Sean...'

 The voice responding back to her puts her into a short trance. It isn't the familiar sound she was expecting. It isn't the same comforting sound. She hears great hustling from the other side, officers calling out and the siren of the paramedics. The officer's voice breaks through the phone once again pulling Alex out of her haze. 

'Ma'am who is this speaking?'

'Alexis-'

'May i know who?'

'Alexis Miller... his wi-wife. Where is he ?'