Chapter One ¦ The Beginning

<Paperjam's P.O.V>

It was a warm morning in Undertale, on the surface, it was Paperjam's first day of high school, a new chapter in his life. Unfortunately, poor Jammy never had a good school life, he was always picked on for being different, part of his skull was floating above his head, he was short (4 foot 9 inches) and because of his eyes, just like his mom, Ink (Inktale Sans) one eye was a sky blue circle and the other was a yellow star, but that's not all, Jammy was the same color as Error (Errortale Sans) which was black all over but on Error's cheeks, he had strands of the same sky blue that Ink has in his eye down is his cheeks, Paperjam didn't have that but he did have 6 tounges like Error but his tounges were different colors.

That's was Paperjam's only downside to school. Paperjam grabbed his multi-colored backpack and stuffed all of the essentials into it: Pens, pencils, food, all the other stuff a normal kid would take to school. Paperjam also has an interest in art and music so he put his brightly coloured headphones, MP3 player, sketch book, paints, brushes, etc. into his bag. He then quickly ran downstairs and quickly ate something, he rushed out saying: "Bye Mom! Bye Error!" He shot down to the bus station but was early.

To pass the time, he put on his headphones and listened to his mother's theme "Inktale Megalovania" on loop, some time passed and the bus arrived, he got on and greeted the bus driver but all of a sudden, he felt something on his head, it was a kid that obviously knew Paperjam, he was pouring water on poor Paperjam's head.

As Paperjam is made of ink, part of his head turned a light grey color. He took off his headphones and snapped at him: "Hey! What was that for?" The kid replied, "Because you're still alive of course!" Paperjam started crying and walked to a free seat, as he walked, he was soaking wet and was dripping light grey, diluted ink on the floor, he moved to the edge of the seat, near the window and all the kids started laughing. It wasn't a great start to Paperjam's high school days.

<Fresh's P.O.V>

I was walking to the bus and all I could hear were the kids laughing, I walked onto the bus and greeted the bus driver, I looked around at the kids om the bus laughing, but as I look, I see some sort of grey liquid, then I saw a kid with a bottle, half full of water, I asked: "Hey broseph? What happened?" The kid replied, "I taught a little twerp a lesson".

I followed the light grey liquid, only to see a little boy crying behind his abnormally large scarf, I thought to myself: "Poor little dude, he clearly did nothing wrong and the kid is just picking on him, the poor guy's crying, I walked back to the kid with the bottle and took off my glasses to reveal one normal shaped, purple eye and one upside-down, white, heart shaped eye, they were soon engulfed by a purple mist, my voice went dark and I said to the kid: "WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? CAN'T YOU SEE THAT THE KID DID NOTHING WRONG? APPOLOGISE!" The kid replied as the turned around: "Oh yeah? What are yo-" He pauses in shock when he sees my eyes, he goes silent, then the entire bus does and all you can here is the little boy crying. I put my shades back on and head over tot he kid, he's still crying.

<Paperjam's P.O.V>

As I sit next to the window and cry, I hear another person come on, curious to who they might be, I peek my head out and see some guy in a multi-colored hoodie, black shades that have "YOLO" written on them, a multi-colored cap and some funky shoes. I feel like he will pick on my like the rest but he starts looking round to I hide again, he's talking but his voice, it's so calming, I poke my head out again and I feel so calm, he start s walking towards me and all I can think about are those mean comments, I scoot over to the window and start crying again, I hide behind my scarf due to fear.

The footsteps have stopped, I think: "Is he watching me cry?" I don't come out from behind my scarf because I'm so embarrassed. The footsteps start up again and they start to fade away, I think of that soothing, calming voice but then I hear it, a dark, demonic voice that fills me with fear, the bus goes silent and all you can hear is my faint sobbing. The foot steps are coming closer, I'm scared but that voice, the calming voice comes back: "Hey little dude, is this seat taken?" That voice is just almost too calming, I'm so close to moaning everything I hear it.

"O-oh, um, no, it's not, it never is..." He replies, possible trying to cheer me up: "Well, how about I fill the gap?" He smiles at me and I can't help but smile back! He sits down and I'm nervous, he says something that would change my life forever: "Hey, um, broseph? How about we be friends?" There is only one thing I can think of saying: "S-sure, hey, um, w-what's your name? Mine's Paperjam" That voice is just too addictive for his own good and mine: "Nice name! Mine's Fresh, h-hey, I was wondering, can I give you a nickname, Jammy Jam, or something?" I moan inside and it feels so good but I didn't actually moan, "S-sure, F-fresh".

He put's his arm around my waist and pulls me in, I feel safe, so safe to a point where I nearly fall asleep, we arrive at school and I feel sad but as everyone gets off the bus, it's just me and him, we walk out the bus and he puts his arm on my shoulder, "W-what are you doing Fresh?" "Trust me Jammy, they won't bother you with me by you", "Ok, can you, d-do me a favour and take of your glasses?" "S-sure Jammy!" He took off his glasses to reveal those beautiful eyes of his, I found them breath-taking, in response, I-I fainted...