Chapter 1: The war still continues

ROUGE'S POV
--------------

"Rouge, wake up!" my sister Ruby shouted from my doorway.

"Five more minutes." I mumbled, turning around in my bed to face the wall.

"If you don't get up right now, I'll be forced to tickle you. You don't want that right?" she said with a smirk.

I sighed. "okay, okay. I'm up." I replied, sitting up. "can you please go boil some water while I get dressed? I'll make pancakes."

Ruby smiled and ran down the hallway. I threw my head back on to the pillow and stared at the ceiling. I wondered what today would bring, as every day is always the same. I make breakfast, watch the news and it always warns us not to go over the wall, or the blue clan has infiltrated our town and we need to take cover. Every day the same boring attacks with the same boring people.

I sighed once more and stepped onto the icy wood of the bedroom floor. Everything was white. White walls, white dressers. Except of course my floor, And i liked that it was different.

It was strict code. No colours. I didn't even understand why. As long as it wasn't blue I was sure it was fine. I bet the blue clan gets colour freedom.

I got dressed in my white dress and shoes and brushed my smooth red hair. It was just like everyone else's. Bright red and straight as a stick.

With my same boring self I made my way to the kitchen. The only thing that's changed this year is my parents being murdered. And that wasn't even exciting. It was terribly depressing and horrendous because now I was left with my 14 year old sister to take care of, and I didn't even have a job.

I open the cupboard and notice that out pancake mix is almost empty. I realized that I'll have to eat something else instead. I frowned and grabbed a pan. I started cooking the pancakes and the smell soon filled the house. I placed them on a plate and poured syrup on them. I then made myself bread with butter and some tea.

"Ruby, breakfast is ready!" I shouted at her.

I could hear her feet slapping against the wood floor as she made her way to the kitchen. As soon as she turned the corner I grabbed the plate and held it in her direction. She grabbed a fork and took the plate into the living room. I grabbed my own breakfast and made my way to the couch.

"in news regarding the Blue clan. There have been no new attacks this entire week. Citizens have been becoming anxious as to when they will strike next. Could this be the end of our fighting?"

I looked at the news reporter in shock. No attacks? That's very odd for them. I felt confused and anxious. What's going to be their next move?

I had to shake it off and began to finish up my meal. I noticed that Ruby had already started to leave for school. I wished her goodbye and as she got on the school bus, I ran inside to put my shoes on.

I was going to see over the wall today.

I sprinted to the tall tree close to the wall that split our two Nations. There was many branches for me to climb. But the only thing was, I wasn't sure who the tree belonged to. The tree was inside our land but it hung over the wall. I shrugged it off and made sure I didn't cross that side.

There was a forest close to the wall and it was split in half because of it. As I started to climb the tree I got a bit nervous. What if I fell, or the blue clan saw me?

I had to see over the wall, whatever the risk.

I got to the top and smiled with victory. I looked around and I noticed I was very high up. I gripped the branches tighter. And crept closer to the wall. I looked over the edge at the blue clan.

I saw them. And they were nothing like us.

I saw children running and playing. Wearing colourful clothes. I smiled and wished for that freedom. Their buildings weren't all white and everyone seemed to be so happy.

That's when I finally realized why the red and blue clan are fighting. The red clan is not accepting the blue clan as our ally because they're well, blue. While the blue clan is perfectly okay with the red clan, because they let children wear our colours.

I heard shuffling to my left and I looked in that direction. And i saw him. Looking straight at me.

And he was blue.