Unpredictable *an emblem3 Fanfiction *

Drew's POV:

"so tell me what you want to hear. something that'll light those years. I'm sick of all the insincere, so I'm going to give all my secrets away, all my secrets away," I finish singing, heaving in as much breath as I can for the adrenaline is making my heart speed up.

Wes and I meet eyes as our small neighbourhood crowd cheers. He smiles at Keaton who then heads out of the garage.

I continue scanning the crowd and hear Keaton's laugh along with a female laugh. He's standing outside on the sidewalk with girls I haven't seen as long as i've lived here.

Keaton jumps around a bit, cracking a joke making the brunette laugh while the blonde looks around cautiously.

I continue to watch her, wrist gripping the brunette's arm leaving her knuckles white. glancing behind her, I glance behind me at Wes and call Keaton over to me.

As he jogs over, the brunette turns to the blonde as she turns pale and drops limp to the ground.

I swear, as soon as she hits the ground, everything else disappears. my hearing muffles as I run to her, and I can't hear anyone's shouts. Not Keaton's, Wesley's, or even the blonde's herself.

it's only me and her.

"come on, Dyl. wake up. you're strong. stronger than they'll ever be. Wake up Dylan. please," the brunette, Rae, pleads shaking the blonde, Dylan's shoulders.

I crouch next to Rae and place my hand on Dylan's chest, feeling for a heartbeat. her pulse is beating strong and fast, she's awake but fazed.

"Dylan, I know you don't know me but my name is Drew. I know you're awake but if you could open your eyes that'd be amazi-," I'm cut off by Rae screaming and pushing me to the concrete over Dylan, using myself as her shield.

Dylan's eyes shoot open as my chest crashes into her stomach, startling her. Starting to struggle, she stares into my eyes and loops her fingers through mine, squeezing my hand for comfort. I pull her into my chest, rocking her back and forth as Rae slowly backs up towards Keaton, staring at a black van which is hurtling towards us.

Wes darts towards the house and as I stand up, carrying Dylan, Keaton scoops Rae into his arms and sprints towards the door. I flip off the driver then death sprint into the closing garage door.

I slam the door shut and lock it as Wes rounds the house, locking all the doors and shutting the windows.

when we all get to the living room, all eyes set upon Dylan and Rae. I'm the first to speak up.

"what the hell was that?"

hellooo loves. there's the prologue of Unpredictable. I hope you all liked it. if you would, vote and comment? thanksssss and I love you all

-Brookie